General Admissions & OTCAS Brenau University MSOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Honestly I find this the most offensive part of this process. Eastern Washington University has not even sent out a response, and only by begging them for one did I find out that I was not admitted. When I asked to speak to someone there to go over my application and talk about ways to submit a stronger one next time around I received only deafening silence as a response. Calls to Long Island University have gone unanswered completely as have emails. I believe that when you put yourself out there - pay a hefty application fee- the least you can expect is a response.
So sorry that you are going through this! I agree that you deserve to know or at least to hear where they are with the application process. I do agree with the previous poster though about Brenau and contacting Nancy. She has always been great about getting back with me. I even asked her the same question a while back. They are slammed right now but she usually tries to respond ASAP.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone apply to Brenau University Gainesville Day August Start for the Fall 2017 start? Or gotten interviews? Rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone apply to Brenau University Gainesville Day August Start for the Fall 2017 start? Or gotten interviews? Rejections?
I applied and have an interview 2/24 , have you received an acceptance or interview ?

I applied and have an interview 2/24 , have you received an acceptance or interview ?

I have not received any news.... When did they offer you an interview? And when did you submit your application?

I have not received any news.... When did they offer you an interview? And when did you submit your application?
I received an interview on Monday, I cannot recall exactly when I submitted but I believe it was a month before it was due.

I received an interview on Monday, I cannot recall exactly when I submitted but I believe it was a month before it was due.

Yeah I turned in my application way back in August haha. When you got your interview email was it from Nancy Fowler? I emailed her way back September asking if I completed everything and she replied yes and that my application was already in review. That was in September haha. It can be a possibility that I will get a rejection ):

Yeah I turned in my application way back in August haha. When you got your interview email was it from Nancy Fowler? I emailed her way back September asking if I completed everything and she replied yes and that my application was already in review. That was in September haha. It can be a possibility that I will get a rejection ):
Yes it was from Nancy fowler. What are your stats? Did you go to the information session and tour campus? I would check emails and spam folders. They may just haven't got to you yet.

Last edited:
Hi!
I applied to the program within the first 1.5 months of OTCAS portal opening. I received an interview invitation back in November? I'll be interviewing this weekend. I know a few other students have interviewed and already been accepted to the program. I'm not sure how long they continue to interview but I'd give admissions a call or email and just check in to see if they have future interview dates planned.

Hi!
I applied to the program within the first 1.5 months of OTCAS portal opening. I received an interview invitation back in November? I'll be interviewing this weekend. I know a few other students have interviewed and already been accepted to the program. I'm not sure how long they continue to interview but I'd give admissions a call or email and just check in to see if they have future interview dates planned.
Hi!

I will be interviewing 2/24. Thanks for the info please let me know how it goes and any pointers :) good luck !

Brenau does rolling admissions? Their deadline for Gainesville was December 1st so I am surprised if they started interviewing before then.

Last edited:
Hi!

I will be interviewing 2/24. Thanks for the info please let me know how it goes and any pointers :) good luck !
the interview was super straight forward. Group interview, 3:2 (3 applicants:2staff) about 30 minutes, writing sample and tour. there's also a Q&A with recent graduates. The admissions counselor also does a file review, to see if you're application is missing anything. The professors who did the interview were super nice! The other applicants were also very nice!
Good luck!

the interview was super straight forward. Group interview, 3:2 (3 applicants:2staff) about 30 minutes, writing sample and tour. there's also a Q&A with recent graduates. The admissions counselor also does a file review, to see if you're application is missing anything. The professors who did the interview were super nice! The other applicants were also very nice!
Good luck!
Awesome! What were some of the questions and what was the writing sample like? Did they say when you would hear back? Glad it went good for you! If you get accepted do you think you will accept?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give me more insight into Brenau's OT program? There's a good chance I will be attending but would like to learn more about it!

Can anyone give me more insight into Brenau's OT program? There's a good chance I will be attending but would like to learn more about it!
Are you referring to the day program? the hybrid or the weekend? did you already interview there and hear back?
I was told I wouldn't be hearing back until feb/march... I did see someone was already accepted into the program, but I'm not sure if its the same day program I applied to/interviewed at. I believe interviews began in December or January. I think they are carried out until march due to the fact that the fall cohort doesn't begin until I believe September 2017!
I also don't believe they have rolling admissions as someone stated above, but perhaps they do! (sorry, not too helpful!)

Awesome! What were some of the questions and what was the writing sample like? Did they say when you would hear back? Glad it went good for you! If you get accepted do you think you will accept?
The writing sample was like other writing samples, take this paragraph and tell me in your own words...
the interview was more casual, like a conversation. The only thing is, there are other applicants there answering, so if you go first, you sometimes forget a point that another student makes and you think, "darn, that's a good point!" :)
I really liked the two professors who interviewed me. The tour of the facility is super small, and was the least memorable. NF said that they would be sending out acceptance letters march? which seems like a while...perhaps accepted students hear back earlier? not entirely sure if they conduct all interviews before making a selection or if they pick as they go. She did say that the deposit for your seat is due within about 2 weeks after acceptance.

The writing sample was like other writing samples, take this paragraph and tell me in your own words...
the interview was more casual, like a conversation. The only thing is, there are other applicants there answering, so if you go first, you sometimes forget a point that another student makes and you think, "darn, that's a good point!" :)
I really liked the two professors who interviewed me. The tour of the facility is super small, and was the least memorable. NF said that they would be sending out acceptance letters march? which seems like a while...perhaps accepted students hear back earlier? not entirely sure if they conduct all interviews before making a selection or if they pick as they go. She did say that the deposit for your seat is due within about 2 weeks after acceptance.
Glad you had a great experience! What were the questions like? Yeah that does seem like a while but my interview is at the end of February so it won't be much longer after that I hear back. I actually already toured the main campus and then came for a information session at the east campus. . NF was super nice and helpful !

Are you referring to the day program? the hybrid or the weekend? did you already interview there and hear back?
I was told I wouldn't be hearing back until feb/march... I did see someone was already accepted into the program, but I'm not sure if its the same day program I applied to/interviewed at. I believe interviews began in December or January. I think they are carried out until march due to the fact that the fall cohort doesn't begin until I believe September 2017!
I also don't believe they have rolling admissions as someone stated above, but perhaps they do! (sorry, not too helpful!)

I was accepted to the hybrid day program at Norcross! I think there were only a couple interview days for mine. From what I've heard, if you get an interview (and do decently well), you have a very good chance of getting in! Getting the interview is the hardest part. And no, they don't do rolling admissions.

What are the facilities like at Gainesville? I know I would have to go there for labs and stuff, but I haven't seen it yet.

I got offered an interview, but why is this program so expensive?? $93,000+ just for tuition....:(

I got offered an interview, but why is this program so expensive?? $93,000+ just for tuition....:(

I feel the same way...I will probably attend because it's the best option for me at the moment but the cost kills me!! I don't know why the tuition is so high :/

Did you get accepted a scholarship? When did you accept?

oh nice, how much was the deposit? congrats!

Do you know if they are still pulling applicants off the waitlist for the May cohort or if the class is full?

We just had orientation so I believe it is full...however there were only 27 people total and I thought there were 32 spots! Did you apply to both Norcross and Gainesville?

We just had orientation so I believe it is full...however there were only 27 people total and I thought there were 32 spots! Did you apply to both Norcross and Gainesville?
Yeah I heard there are 32 seats as well. I applied to Gainesville, just was curious about Norcross!

Yeah I heard there are 32 seats as well. I applied to Gainesville, just was curious about Norcross!
I was accepted into the Gainesville august start a few weeks back and know they are still pulling people from the wait list.

Has anyone heard anything about January '18?

I have an interview for June 5, which is on Monday for the January '18 weekend program.
I'll have my interview on July 10 for the weekend 2018 start! Good Luck! Hope the interview went well!

Awesome! I wish you luck and
I'll have my interview on July 10 for the weekend 2018 start! Good Luck! Hope the interview went well!
that you will do great! Just stay relaxed.

Can any current students give me some more insight on the Brenau-Norcross program. Im trying to decide between two schools and I want to know how people are liking the program and if they feel they are getting a proper education and support from faculty. How were your fieldwork placements?

Thanks!