Brazil hospitals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jakstat33

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, i am about to begin 3rd year in the states and am looking into setting up a couple of 4th year international away rotations. i would like to do one in turkey (which i have gathered the info, and am in the process of setting up) and another in Brazil. for those with experience in brazil, can you give me names of med schools/hospitals that you would recommend doing a rotation at? also, if you know of any contacts that may help me to set this up, shoot me their names/emails if you have them. thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

bueno, otra argentina por aca.. estoy en segundo a?o de medicina en UCLA...
rindo el USMLE el jueves y me estoy muriendo de los nervios (y del aburrimiento de estar en esta biblioteca!).

que bueno que re encontre este forum (lo usaba cuando era pre med!).

che, si alguien hizo alguna rotacion de 4to a?o en BsAs o en Cuba avisen, ya que eso me interesa.
Gracias Peru (no me acuerdo tu nic!) por empezar este foro!!

abrazos :p

amigo, yo no comprende! i understood that you're a ms2/3 at ucla, and you are either preparing for step 1 (as am I) or you took it on thursday... anything about brazil in your post?

abrazos!

Members don't see this ad :)
jak-
1) (S)he's taking on Thurs., and is dying of nerviousness and boredom from being in the library.
2) (S)he would like to know if there is anyone looking to set up a rotation in Buenas Aires or Cuba, because (s)he has interest in doing one there.
3) Nothing is mentioned about Brasil.

dc

jakstat33 said:
hello, i am about to begin 3rd year in the states and am looking into setting up a couple of 4th year international away rotations. i would like to do one in turkey (which i have gathered the info, and am in the process of setting up) and another in Brazil. for those with experience in brazil, can you give me names of med schools/hospitals that you would recommend doing a rotation at? also, if you know of any contacts that may help me to set this up, shoot me their names/emails if you have them. thanks everyone!

I really don't know much about which hospitals are the best in Brazil and it probably depends on the specialty that you are looking for. However, as far as universities, I would check the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais UFMG (Belo Horizonte is a great city), and the same for Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. They are great universities and someone there would be able to give you some information.

Best of luck, and would you keep me posted (PM me please) of your progress.... I would also like to do something like this eventually.