Botox Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mickey1t

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First time poster under derm, but i figured if someone would know, it was u guys. I have a year off between my intern year and the start of my anesthesia training. I was wondering if it would be possible to make some extra cash simply by injecting botox in the mean time.

I've tried researching it, but cant find any straight answers. Is it as simple as taking a course and then start injecting? Is there any liscensing or malpractice considerations? Can I just work for a local "medspa" doing these injections after taking the course?

Thansk for the input!

Members don't see this ad.

No.

wait, yes.

I mean, only if it's below the waistline. Taint tightening is in this year with the over 80 set, and I hear it's only growing in popularity.

open up a shop called "Saggy scrot no more" or "Taint my problem" or "labial rumors" (the last one because the rumor will be about your steady hand and gentle touch)

It is regulated at the state level but in general you have to have a license to purchase the Botox and to do the injecting (note the latter doesn't always mean a medical license; NPs can inject in some states).

Also check on requirements for malpractice. My state requires it and injectables are not covered under the standard general surgery policy; it requires a different rider.

Members don't see this ad :)
First time poster under derm, but i figured if someone would know, it was u guys. I have a year off between my intern year and the start of my anesthesia training. I was wondering if it would be possible to make some extra cash simply by injecting botox in the mean time.

I've tried researching it, but cant find any straight answers. Is it as simple as taking a course and then start injecting? Is there any liscensing or malpractice considerations? Can I just work for a local "medspa" doing these injections after taking the course?

Thansk for the input!

Probably not the best way to make money for you, because it'll be hard to find patients that are willing. That market it pretty competitive with every medspa, FP and OBGYN doc offering botox. It's not hard to inject botox but these patients tend to be high maintenance and usually find a dermatologist to do it whether warranted or not. Not that it's high risk but you'll create a higher rate of funny-looking facial muscles and some ptosis if you don't do it regularly.

There is a guy in Omaha, NE who claims to be a "surgical design md", who "graduated at the top of his class" and "served his residency" locally. In reality, he did a one year PATHOLOGY internship so he could obtain a full medical license...then took some classes and labeled himself an "esthetic surgeon" (sic). jmisko dot com

Is that who you want to be? Why not find a job working in a lab, teaching anatomy in a med school, or assisting a med-malpractice attorney? Even the last would be more honorable than selling yourself as something you're not, while risking huge lawsuits by doing procedures you're not trained to do. Just because "a monkey could do it" doesn't mean anyone would actually let the monkey do it. Drop an upper eyelid with misplaced botox, and you're in hot water. Hit the supraorbital artery, and you're toast.

No.

wait, yes.

I mean, only if it's below the waistline. Taint tightening is in this year with the over 80 set, and I hear it's only growing in popularity.

open up a shop called "Saggy scrot no more" or "Taint my problem" or "labial rumors" (the last one because the rumor will be about your steady hand and gentle touch)

I'm mad you said "Taint tightening"! ROFLMAO!!!!! :laugh::rofl:

Thanks for the great laugh today!

I want botox to help me get this.

mercedes-e-class-coupe-convertible-artist-rendering.jpg

Thank you all for the replies....For those bothered by my question, I completely understand where your coming from and respect your opinions...I knew some would not appreciate my question but I just wanted to hear the thoughts of the so called "pros".....I am actually surprised I didnt get more negative posts

Thanks agian