Program-Specific Info / Q's Boston University OTD 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I ultimately declined my spot in the program today, it was a hard decision but I hope this gives someone else an amazing chance to go to BU :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I ultimately declined my spot in the program today, it was a hard decision but I hope this gives someone else an amazing chance to go to BU :)
I'm sorry to hear it! Best of luck to you in the program you decided on!

Has anyone received the Resource Guide for Accepted Graduate Students yet?? Also, has a Facebook group been made?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received the Resource Guide for Accepted Graduate Students yet?? Also, has a Facebook group been made?
I haven't yet! I asked them about it and they basically said no worries, they'll send everything once they have completed the admissions process in a few weeks. That was about a week ago so hopefully soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I just got into BU off of the waitlist last week. I also haven't seen anything about a Facebook group or anything. Has anybody received the Resource Guide yet? I haven't but I'm not sure if it's because I just got in or if it hasn't been sent out at all yet.

Hi! I just got into BU off of the waitlist last week. I also haven't seen anything about a Facebook group or anything. Has anybody received the Resource Guide yet? I haven't but I'm not sure if it's because I just got in or if it hasn't been sent out at all yet.
Hi I haven't received anything yet either. We're supposed to register for the online anatomy course in mid to late May, so we'll get something by then!

Hey y'all!

So a few of us have been communicating with each other over the past few months, but no one has found a facebook group for our cohort yet. I decided to make this one so we can all start getting to know each other! This makes it easy to start sharing info and hopefully get everyone on the same page. Please add yourself to it once you have officially confirmed your enrollment. Thank you!!

I just got accepted to BU, I'm so excited! Would anyone that ended up going there last year mind answering some questions about the program? What is the faculty like? Are they supportive/ reactive to student needs?
Is the program really research-based? Do you feel like you have to be involved in research or are some people more involved in the community/ other things?

I'm definitely submitting the deposit and most likely attending just need to figure out the financial part if I receive other offers :) and I'm not aware of any Facebook groups yet...

Do you think you’re able to negotiate with scholarships at all?

@OTfromBC @AspiringOTD18 Current student here. Congrats to everyone who got in! There isn't a FB group for your cohort, from past experience someone from the cohort makes the FB group. There is, however, a group for all OT students past, present, and future! That apparently I'm not allowed to post yet, but it's called BU Occupational Therapy.

For those of you who didn't get the merit scholarship, don't forget to apply for financial aid! There is a needs based scholarship that is available.

Feel free to ask any questions :)

How competitive is the need based scholarship?