Boston University interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dewdrop

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from BU yet? Does anyone have an idea when the interviews begin? Thanks a ton!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from BU yet? Does anyone have an idea when the interviews begin? Thanks a ton!

There are people who have been called for interview in the second week of October.... probably they are the first batch who will be interviewed...

Thanks for the quick reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, its on OCt 12th..i saw them mention tht too.

hey hi

last year the interviews started on 20th oct and they were on every thursday and in each interview around 10 candidates were interviewed.

Usually either dr.Ashayeri or dr.Anita Gohel or dr.Janet peters will be the interviewers.

and as far as i know the interview will go on till march or april.

so guys all the best to you all........wish to se u all in BU.:luck:

hey hi

last year the interviews started on 20th oct and they were on every thursday and in each interview around 10 candidates were interviewed.

Usually either dr.Ashayeri or dr.Anita Gohel or dr.Janet peters will be the interviewers.

and as far as i know the interview will go on till march or april.

so guys all the best to you all........wish to se u all in BU.:luck:

Hi,

What were your stats if you applied last year and got in?

Could you advice me kindly what to do if my gpa is 2.0(ECE)?

hey guys does BOSTON has a rolling admission??
if yes does it mean they dont have any particular deadline for application right??

Hi Guys!

Do you know how long it takes the comission to decide after the interview? I have a date at 19.10 and flight ticket a month after that. I wonder if could it be a problem...

10x

hey guys does BOSTON has a rolling admission??
if yes does it mean they dont have any particular deadline for application right??

hey,
u right , BU does have rolling admissions, but they do have a deadline too!!
mine was 2nd feb for 2006 , dont know about 2007.
But it is always a good idea to apply early , as mostly 80% seats fill in by the deadline..
GOOD LUCK

thanks for the input doc12..:)

BU has no rolling admissions coz u have to apply every year. But then they might not ask u to send the required docs again, unless u have something thats new.

BU atleast uptil two years back had a rolling cycle.

whats the deadline for application for 2007 batch in boston university??:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Normally How Many Seats In Bu Each Year

hey guys

the number of advanced standing stdents has been increased to 75 from the year 2006. it was 65 last year[2005].

they might increase the number even more but i'm not sure.

the regular DMD student intake is 115 so on a whole the strength of a class when we have classes together is 190.

good luck guys:luck:

anybody got interview with boston university on 9th of nov.

Hi minali,
Congrats on your interview call from BU..... If you dont mind could you let us know when you sent in your application, what are your stats and how you were intimated about the interview - by e-mail or snail mail ? This will help others to have an idea about their chances....

Wish you all the very best for your interview...
:thumbup: Good Luck

hi hydbds

thanks for the wishes. i had send my application on 1st of sept. they lost my recommendation letters and i sent them again in last week of sept.so my application was complete in last week of sept. itself . i got a call thro' e-mail on 2nd oct. pretty fast!my stats are
ndbe-90
gpa-3.84
toefl-101

all the best to u too.

Hi minali,
Congrats on your interview call from BU..... If you dont mind could you let us know when you sent in your application, what are your stats and how you were intimated about the interview - by e-mail or snail mail ? This will help others to have an idea about their chances....

Wish you all the very best for your interview...

Hey Minali,
I too am scheduled for nov 9th..but they didnt mention in their email as to how long the interview will last...any ideas?
all the best to you..
have u made any prep as to where u will be staying?..etc..Good Luck.

For others sdn frnds..I too got an interview call from BU by Email...I had applied long back in Aug...But due to toefl scores..it got delayed.

All the best to all.

hi...i got an interview al for 9th nov too...
but u kno wat...m in a fix...m getting bac to india next week...ll ve to come again for this interview or postpone it to jan or extend my trip...damn...m so upset..just wondering if ne1 wid a prior date than 9th nov wishes to swap wid me????
lemme kno guys...

cheers
asg

Hey Minali,
I too am scheduled for nov 9th..but they didnt mention in their email as to how long the interview will last...any ideas?
all the best to you..

For others sdn frnds..I too got an interview call from BU by Email...I had applied long back in Aug...But due to toefl scores..it got delayed.

All the best to all.

Hi daagdar-saab,
Congrats and wish you all the very best for your interview at BU...

see if this is of some help to you for your stay...
go to the following link and refer to the "post#56" by "emsi"

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=238291&page=2

ne one wid interview calls b4 26th of oct and who wish to swap wid mine...mine s on 9th nov at 9.30 a.m.

lemme kno guys....
thannnnnnnnnnnnnnnks a ton...
cheers
asg

I ve been called for an interview on Nov 9 like i mentioned...I ve my India trip scheduled back next week...BU can not prepone my interview, it can only delay it after 9. I am gettin married in dec nd ll be bac in January. Laura s givin me an option to reschedule it in Jan...Guyssssssss had a question....if i reschedule it in Jan...s my admission goin to b affected??? I do not wanna lose on this opportunity. S it true tat 80% of the class gets full by say the second batch of interviews...I am really scared in that case. If ur admission doesn really depend on when u take the interview...I am more than willing to take it in Jan...but just wannnna be SURRRRRRE bout it 1st:(

Thanks in advance.....
Cheers
asg

hi daagdar-saab
congrats for the interview call. all the best to u.. i heard that normally by 4 o clock u r free from the interview.

Hey Minali,
all the best to you..

All the best to all.

Hey asg
The fact is, the earlier you finish the interview the better.You have a better chance of getting in with an earlier interview.There may be a few seats left for people with interviews in Jan or even feb 2007,but you have to compete with those few.Don't you think you stand a better chance with lets say 75 seats now as opposed to 20 seats then.
Finish the interview and then go.My advice what say you:)

hi asg
congrats on ur interview call.all the best to u. well i also agree with smile designer. u should not postpone ur interview till jan.sooner the better.

Hey asg
The fact is, the earlier you finish the interview the better.You have a better chance of getting in with an earlier interview.There may be a few seats left for people with interviews in Jan or even feb 2007,but you have to compete with those few.Don't you think you stand a better chance with lets say 75 sets now as opposed to 20 seats then.
Finish the interview and then go my advice what say you:)

ne one wid interview calls b4 26th of oct and who wish to swap wid mine...mine s on 9th nov at 9.30 a.m.

lemme kno guys....
thannnnnnnnnnnnnnnks a ton...
cheers
asg

please check your pm

Hi Hydbds,
thnks pal. emsi has posted a gr88 thread.
all the best!!.to everyone.

Looking fwd to meeting you all at BU. Minali I will be staying at a frnds place there.Best luck to you.

I request all those who have their interviews starting this oct 12th, to pls post their experiences here. It will help us all.

:thumbup:

all those who have been called for interview.....i wish u all the best.
plz post ur stats as others like me waiting can have any idea.....thanks

Hi everyone,
count me too. I too got an interview call for Nov 9th in BU.
Wish you all the best to everyone who got an interview.

congrats to all those called for interviews!
Tumi:thumbup:

Congrats and good luck to all of you who have been called for interviews at BU.....

hello,
Congrats and good luck to everyone for their interviews.
:thumbup: :)
regards,
richa

Count me in too....:D

Mine is on the 9th of Nov..

Thanx Dent tex

Thanx Dent tex

Hi, congrats to all who have got the call for 9th November.Count me in,cause I also got the interview call for 9th November.Waiting eagerly to see you all soon.Is the whole interview process gonna complete on the same day?

congratulations to everyone for ur interview calls....

I too am scheduled for interview on 9th...am both excited and nervous..this will be my 1st interview experience. Am really looking fwd to meeting you all there.

good luck to us all. :thumbup:
regards,
richa:)

congratulations to everyone for ur interview calls....

I too am scheduled for interview on 9th...am both excited and nervous..this will be my 1st interview experience. Am really looking fwd to meeting you all there.

good luck to us all. :thumbup:
regards,
richa:)

Congrats richa for ur interview...

I got a call for the 16th of nov...anyone else on that day?:)

hi all,
congrates on ur interview calls, plz post ur stats it will be helpful for us waiting

hi
i have just sent the online application to boston but i realised i have made a mistake regarding the most fulfiling experience essay,i have just wriiten my most fulfilling exp and overlooked the part of statement of qualifications and objectives ,what should i do now i am very much worried
any suggestions welcome
pls guys help me out here

You can send a separate essay stating whatever you have missed along with your recommendation letters thru mail.

All the best to everyone who got called :thumbup: .

DrBask, could u plz give me some advice about my querries that i mailed to ur inbox? Really appreciate it.

hey,
has anybody got a call for 23th nov as yet??

has anyone been accepted for the 2007 admission cycle

hi,
i got an interview call for nov 30.did anyone get on the same date,if so could you be in touch. we could discuss