Boston University DScD-OMFS program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gujudentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I am getting ready to look into OMFS programs that also have a PhD/research component. Has anyone heard of any sort of programs? I know its quite common for perio, but the only OMFS ones that Ive seen/heard of are Iowa and Boston University. This brings me to my next question...has anyone heard anything about these two programs, particularly Boston's with respect to the DScD? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, so I am getting ready to look into OMFS programs that also have a PhD/research component. Has anyone heard of any sort of programs? I know its quite common for perio, but the only OMFS ones that Ive seen/heard of are Iowa and Boston University. This brings me to my next question...has anyone heard anything about these two programs, particularly Boston's with respect to the DScD? Thanks.

Houston has a pretty unique research integrated OMFS program focused on bone biology and regeneration, and you can do DDS/PhD or DDS/MD/PhD

Last edited:
Friend of mine knew residents in BU, they are very busy with paperwork!