Boston University 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi everyone i need liitle help about caapid.
i didnt find any other htread so m posting here plesae reply

i am reapplying in this caapid cycle so do i need to create new id or i have to login with the old one.

Members don't see this ad.

You have to make a new one, I didn't know and kept trying to log in with my old one. It won't even allow you to log in. You have to make a new ID and password, everything previously would have been wiped out, so its like starting from scratch.
Hope that helps! good luck :)

thank you so much vancitydentist for replying.
its indeed a great help.
good luck :thumbup::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
CAAPID don't update the mailing date in program designation anymore. You'll see it blank even after 10 months :)

OH ok..thanks for updating me...i dint knew about this one..:)

Guys I wanted to ask for some help regarding TOEFL! What's a good tip for preparation ! What should I do differently!

According to me, its just your luck..from my personal experience when i worked hard for it i dint get good score, and when i went without any preparation, i got a good score...
Also there are many people that i know who has the same problem...all you can do is just keep trying your hands on that...you will land up in a good score at some point..you might be amazed to hear that, one of the person i know gave it 7 times and he is still on 98>>>he is targeting 100...:)

According to me, its just your luck..from my personal experience when i worked hard for it i dint get good score, and when i went without any preparation, i got a good score...
Also there are many people that i know who has the same problem...all you can do is just keep trying your hands on that...you will land up in a good score at some point..you might be amazed to hear that, one of the person i know gave it 7 times and he is still on 98>>>he is targeting 100...:)

Oh! Thank you so much :)

hi can i get a lor format from anyone?
my email id is [email protected]

There is no particular LOR format...if you use other's format, there wont be any thing special in your LOR..and it is usually provided by the faculty who writes LOR..:)

hi guys
i am going to reapply in Boston. does anyone know that is weight-age given to reapplicants or not?
#hope

hi guys
i am going to reapply in Boston. does anyone know that is weight-age given to reapplicants or not?
#hope

its just same as other schools..They hope to see some bright things on your profile when you reapply..

.Should I reapply or wait till some decision is made
9.jpg

if you are on waitlist, you should wait..if not, then yes you should reapply...

how many days does boston take to send supplemental application once caapid application is sent?..any input will be great.

how many days does boston take to send supplemental application once caapid application is sent?..any input will be great.

There is no specific time for it..but right now they are busy with the incoming class...so it might take some time for the next cycle applicants..it should be starting from august or September..

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no specific time for it..but right now they are busy with the incoming class...so it might take some time for the next cycle applicants..it should be starting from august or September..

Raghav4 I think I'm just going to apply with the first TOEFL result .. The second attempt was not any better!

Raghav4 I think I'm just going to apply with the first TOEFL result .. The second attempt was not any better!

yeah..you can apply for now...and then update your new score later...

hi everyone ,
m planing to take part 2 but not sure when (about month)
caapid is asking me the month can i change month later too .(if not taken in respective month) or have to have take in the same.
plz reply .
thank you in advance.

Hi everyone I am currently in my internship and will be completing it by April 2014
But my final degree certificate will only be available by August 2014, I tried contacting the program director at the Goldman school and got a reply saying the website clearly states that they will need the final certificate of the degree and not provisionals can anyone pls help what is more appropriate for me to do apply to the next cycle or has anyone got any exemptions previously if so how should I approach thanks

hi everyone ,
m planing to take part 2 but not sure when (about month)
caapid is asking me the month can i change month later too .(if not taken in respective month) or have to have take in the same.
plz reply .
thank you in advance.

as far as i know you can change the month later...correct me if i am wrong..

Hi everyone I am currently in my internship and will be completing it by April 2014
But my final degree certificate will only be available by August 2014, I tried contacting the program director at the Goldman school and got a reply saying the website clearly states that they will need the final certificate of the degree and not provisionals can anyone pls help what is more appropriate for me to do apply to the next cycle or has anyone got any exemptions previously if so how should I approach thanks

there are no exemptions to this rule in any universities in USA....it is must..

thank you raghav 4
sure i will update if I find any other info.

there are no exemptions to this rule in any universities in USA....it is must..

First of all thanks for your reply, probably I framed my question in a little wrong sense I was referring to the fact that, Is there a possibility of submitting the final copy of the degree certificate at the time of entering class or admission rather than submitting it at the time of application :):):) thank u once again u are effort is truly appreciated

First of all thanks for your reply, probably I framed my question in a little wrong sense I was referring to the fact that, Is there a possibility of submitting the final copy of the degree certificate at the time of entering class or admission rather than submitting it at the time of application :):):) thank u once again u are effort is truly appreciated
No problem...:)
it depends ... they usually dont ask for it during interview ( Atleast i havent heard from anybody so far who are asked about that) but they do ask for a a notarized copy if you get accepted....once you submit the copy only then your admission is finalized....
until then you are good if you dont have it...

Dear applicants,
Plz join and share the knowledge here and make the process lil easier for all the applicants..Post your questions here and i will try to answer in the best possible way..the application cycle for 2014 starts in few days..Good Luck!!

Thanks so much raghav4 : I feel hopless because of my GPA , it is 2.5
Could it be accepted in BU or any other school ?

Thanks so much raghav4 : I feel hopless because of my GPA , it is 2.5
Could it be accepted in BU or any other school ?

As i always say, there is no advantage in thinking negative...the entire process is based on many factors..if you feel that you have one weak link, try to strengthen other links...so that it feels up the void on your profile...so forget about your GPA for now, and try working on your profile to make it stronger..:thumbup:

Hi Raghav, I got rejected by BU for the last cycle (one reason I think is I applied just a week before the deadline). I want to apply this year again, but my profile has not changed any bit since then. My question is which option would better my chances for an interview: applying right away with exactly same profile OR waiting till i get part 2 done and apply by august end? Thanks for ur help.

I would say apply as early as possible and then when you are done with part 2 just update the score..thats what i did..

Thanks for your reply Raghav. So, it wont matter if the profile is same? I am scared they might reject my app right away :confused:

Well..there is nothing you can do now....so no point thinking about what happened...just get your part 2 done and update it..that might help you..

Hi everyone !
When are applications for 2014 gona start ?

Ohh So we are good to apply by now itself ?

No I didn't get the supplemental email still .. I submitted my caapid on June 4 ..did anyone get the email ?!

Hi Raghav,
I have heard if you get rejection in BU, they dont dont give much weightage to your application in the next cycle....Is it true or not? Does any of the re-applicant has ever got into the program? Please let me know as I am interested in the program.

Hello guys ,
Firstttt post......please be gentle,lol.
I am an Intern at a dental college situated in the little town of Vishakhapatnam,India.
It is my dream and hope to someday be able to practice Dentistry with a thorough understanding of protocol, a strict,sensible approach to sterilization and a sense of inner happiness that I'm sure a DDS in the USA would be enjoying every blessed day. Im a few months away from completing my Internship and only recently did I find out the eligibility criteria for entrance into the various Dental schools and lets just say they're 'wholly' competitive, I feel that It will be exponentially tough to get into any advanced standing program, what can I do to get some sort of an edge ?
Also when should I take the NBDE ,part 1, if I aim to get admission to BU for mid 2014?
are there any overseas's centre's for taking the NBDE?

Hi Raghav,
I have heard if you get rejection in BU, they dont dont give much weightage to your application in the next cycle....Is it true or not? Does any of the re-applicant has ever got into the program? Please let me know as I am interested in the program.

I dont think that they dont prefer any reapplicants....but yeah, it is always a positive point if you have some good changes in the profile..this is common in all the schools...
but it is not true that f you are a reapplicant, they dont select you..infact i have many friends who are with me in the program and were once in the same situation...

Hello guys ,
Firstttt post......please be gentle,lol.
I am an Intern at a dental college situated in the little town of Vishakhapatnam,India.
It is my dream and hope to someday be able to practice Dentistry with a thorough understanding of protocol, a strict,sensible approach to sterilization and a sense of inner happiness that I'm sure a DDS in the USA would be enjoying every blessed day. Im a few months away from completing my Internship and only recently did I find out the eligibility criteria for entrance into the various Dental schools and lets just say they're 'wholly' competitive, I feel that It will be exponentially tough to get into any advanced standing program, what can I do to get some sort of an edge ?
Also when should I take the NBDE ,part 1, if I aim to get admission to BU for mid 2014?
are there any overseas's centre's for taking the NBDE?

Welcome to the Thread...
Its gona be a tough journey in the beginning but we all survive thru that..
Give your part 1 as soon as possible..it doesnt matter much as it doesnot have any scores now..earlier people spent tons and tons of time behind it..but not now...if your concepts in dentitsry are good, you should atleast find it easy to pass...
after that give your TOEFL, where many people sometimes struggle (I once struggled!)
and with that concentrate on making your overall profile strong as an candidate with various forms of experience..
Unfortunately, NBDE is not conducted overseas...
Hope this is enough to make a sweet beginning for you..Good Luck..:thumbup:

I have passed both the parts though i dont have a great score on my part 1 and yes my resume has improved by passing the 2nd board and a good toefl score along with work and volunteer experience. Hope this year BU gives me a chance to interview. Thanks for the information.

Can someone pls tell me if supplemental applications from BU are sent out to selected students only or to everyone that has applied for the cycle? thanks!

Can someone pls tell me if supplemental applications from BU are sent out to selected students only or to everyone that has applied for the cycle? thanks!
yes its send to each and every student applying not just selected students.

hey raghav,what do u think helps to get an interview in BU.

Any idea about the time frame for the application with BU? when will they start sending supplemental application e-mails? interviews ? .......