Boston U Masters in Medical Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharqq

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone had experience with Boston U Masters program in Medical Sciences. How does it work in conjunction with getting you into BU School of Medicine? Do they take a specifc number of students or with a certain GPA? And how relavant is your undergrad GPA and MCAT scores?
Lot of questions....Can anyone help:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

You should look at their website.....www.bu.edu (I think but am not sure if this is their address) and see if there is anyone you could contact directly. I received a CD viewbook from them a couple of years ago but ended up giving the information to a friend of mine. Hope this helps you out!!! :clap:

I actually applied to the program...I wanted to how they take students into BU School of Medicine. I mean what kind of criterea determines if you will be accepted into the med school. I
i am trying to decide to to go to program and wanted to know some detail before i drop $28k. BU website does not go into much detail on this
Thanks for your help

Graduates of BU's MA in biomedical sciences program have a solid track record of being admitted to med school (>85%, IF you believe them). However, as far as I know they aren't exactly generous with accepting their own. The program is also going to set you back a fair bit more than 28k, assuming standard living expenses the two year program runs about 80k (for that price you better at least get an interview!).

I guess if you want to feel pretty confident about getting into med school and money is no object then BU is your program. But, having done quite a bit of research my self, I would say there are plenty of comparable programs out there that are much less expensive and do the job equally well.