Boooooyaaaaaaaa!

OATeater

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Holy Frak!! 370 !!!! I'm So Happy!

Members don't see this ad.

haha. That post made me excited for you!

For the people who still haven't taken this thing including me, tell us your secret.

Spill, spill, spill and then spill more:)

Congrats!

haha thanks!

Ummm recommendations: On the RC, try to answer the questions without reading the paragraph! I know it sounds wierd, but if you're in science you know most of the answers any way! ( IE, do you put an aligator and a crocodile in the same tank to test them for a stimulus..."OF course not! You put them in different tanks or they'll influence each other" type of thing)

I did this an I got 400!! Best section ever!

Also....I got a math question on the volume or area of a dodecagon. How the frak do you do that~?

that's funny. i had the exact same alligator paragraph and area of a dodecawhatever question.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow, you got 400 on the RC w/o reading any passages?

Was this your plan before you took the test, or did it kind of just turn out that way?

haha thanks!

Ummm recommendations: On the RC, try to answer the questions without reading the paragraph! I know it sounds wierd, but if you're in science you know most of the answers any way! ( IE, do you put an aligator and a crocodile in the same tank to test them for a stimulus..."OF course not! You put them in different tanks or they'll influence each other" type of thing)

Also....I got a math question on the volume or area of a dodecagon. How the frak do you do that~?

This is exactly what I've been telling people to do on the RC part forever. It makes NO SENSE to read the passage. Go straight to the questions and then go back to find the answer. Got me a 400 too and I was done probably 10 minutes before anyone else.

Congratulations to the posters with high OAT scores...but I would like to remind everyone that despite what you might see on Scrubs, doctors do not run around saying "Boooooooooooyyaaaa."

Also, a dodecagon is a 12 side figure. The forumla for figuring out the surface area is fairly complex so on a test like the OAT, you can get a good, quick, rough estimate by treating it essentially like a circle. Figure out the "circumference" by adding up the 12 sides and divide by 2pi to get the radius. Then use that radius to estimate the surface area.

See how the frak are we supposed to know that before going in!? NO school ever taught me that felgercarb.

That (read the questions / not the article) was my strategy before going in, whoever asked that.

haha thanks!

I am pretty sure that I had the same dodecagon question. The question asked for the volume of a dodecagon. lol, the answer is the only choice with an x3the others all had x2as a choice, which doesn't really make sense because a dodecagon is two dimensional. But I remember the question specifically asked for the "volume"

Guys, please do not discuss the answers to specific OAT problems. Thanks !

As for the RC section: I didn't read the paragraphs when I took it either. It as my highest scoring section as well. I scanned the questions and looked for the answers. Finished a good 10 minutes before time as most everyone else was just getting to passage 3. (keep in mind I took this back when everyone took in on paper in a giant room together)

So say we all.

Anyone know how to prepare for an interview?

Go to the Interview Feedback section of SDN.

At the top of your screen click on : Databases
Look under the header for Interview Feedback
Click on "Optometry School"

Read away. Things are sorted by specific OD school.

Hmmm. Any idea how to hone in on Waterloo stuff? Theres a whole lot of US schools and I'm strictly Canuck...

LoL - i had the gator RC too hahahaha! u get the one on prions too? I'm a canadian aswell, did u write in hamilton?