book recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dontstuddy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a third year and will be doing my 2 weeks in Ortho in a couple months and wanted to read up a bit before the rotation. I have Netters ortho atlas already, any other recommendations for something I could read in a couple weeks for an overview? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure you could get through medical school from an ortho stanpoint with just the blue netter book. Other good books are Miller's textbook, and Hoppenfeld's physical exam book, but I don't think you need those for a 2 week MSIII ortho rotation.

i don't know of a good review book for ortho...our school just has a bunch of powerpoint modules that you listen to with pictures and videos and such.

books i used and found helpful were netter's ortho atlas (bought this one) and hoppenfeld's surgical exposures. don't buy hoppenfeld's as you should be able to check it out of your med library and it costs mucho dinero. i'd just look over the pertinent sections in that badboy the night before cases for the next day; it gives you all the anatomy you'll need during the case and in a step-wise fashion as you'll be seeing the approach during surgery. also lists important structures (nerves and arteries) that you need to watch out for during the approach.

best of luck.