All Branch Topic (ABT) Bonuses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neogenesis

Certifiable
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any information on them changing up the bonuses in FY 2017? I heard something was happening, but can't seem to find any information on it.

Members don't see this ad.

The milper is available on the MEDCOM page of AKO. It took me a while to find it, but it's there, labeled "special pays". I parsed it but couldn't find any significant differences. Granted, I do not have all the subspecialties' current bonus amounts memorized, but it looked pretty much all the same to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
The milper is available on the MEDCOM page of AKO. It took me a while to find it, but it's there, labeled "special pays". I parsed it but couldn't find any significant differences. Granted, I do not have all the subspecialties' current bonus amounts memorized, but it looked pretty much all the same to me.

That is the problem

That is the problem

Well, that too. But let's pretend for a moment that the bonus amounts (you know the ones that are supposed to help equalize our civilian earning potential) haven't significantly changed since the early 80's.

But I wasn't just referencing amounts. Apparently, the whole structure is supposed to change. Instead of the ISP, MSP, VSP etc that we currently receive, they are supposedly moving to a new format.

Ive heard from multiple people they are discussing a transition to monthly payments rather than lump sum. Not sure because I'm still pgy2 and have one a year before im getting any

the recent army medical corps newsletter alluded to potential pay changes, but as mentioned about i didn't see anything different with the current scales. i'll believe it when i see it, and give it a 50/50 chance of it leading to lower pay for some groups (primary care in their initial obligation). if it were a major game changing thing i'd think we'd be hearing it touted more by the powers that be.

--your friendly neighborhood won't hold his breath caveman