All Branch Topic (ABT) BOLC before Intern Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigRedDeal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just found out this week that I have been roped into attending BOLC before intern year. I'll be starting intern year a month late.

Question: Had been planning to move to my internship location in May, DITY style. Will this still be possible? Or will I only be allowed to PCS after BOLC? I guess I dont know how orders will work out.

And while we are talking about BOLC: how likely will I be able to keep up a Q3 to Q4 hr pumping schedule at BOLC? My little one will be 6 months old and has only been breast fed.

Members don't see this ad.

Just found out this week that I have been roped into attending BOLC before intern year. I'll be starting intern year a month late.

Question: Had been planning to move to my internship location in May, DITY style. Will this still be possible? Or will I only be allowed to PCS after BOLC? I guess I dont know how orders will work out.

And while we are talking about BOLC: how likely will I be able to keep up a Q3 to Q4 hr pumping schedule at BOLC? My little one will be 6 months old and has only been breast fed.

[Not a woman]This seems like it would be exceptionally difficult. You get breaks, but not sufficiently long enough or at a regular enough of an interval to permit this. And when you're at Campus Bullis...yeah...I can't even begin to conceive of how that'd work. If you really want to do this, then you probably need to educate yourself on what the regulations would make the instructors permit you to do, if anything, because I doubt they'd be sympathetic unless forced to.[/not a woman]

As to the rest, if you're living off-post and moving DITY, I don't think it matters too much when you move. Your orders will specify when you are permitted to report and whether your BOLC time will be regular TDY (you sign into your hospital command and then go) or if it'll be TDY-en-route. That mostly makes a difference regarding travel arrangements and their reimbursement.