Boards postponed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Piebaldi

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
For those of you who have to take boards postponed to Sept. vs May - how do you feel about that?
I personally feel that we should be grandfathered in given the circumstance - there is a lot of pressure given not just the corona virus, the change in date for the first time ever in existence, job loss possibilities given that some places won't hire you/keep you if not board certified, not to mention the change of the board exam in and out of itself.

Thoughts? Am I wrong for thinking this way? I was mentally prepared to take it in May, Sept is a disaster for me.

Members don't see this ad.

You are wrong. Now you have extra time to study. And stress.

No free lunch. And if board eligible than there will be no issues.

Not free. We have paid already all fees associated with this, started studying, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
This really messed with my plans too. Also, now I will need to postpone my pain boards as it is on the same weekend. I don't think this will affect jobs in any way as we are still board eligible. I think everyone will be pretty understanding as this is completely out of our control. Personally I just wanted to have it done, no I have to think about it for another 6 months.

This really messed with my plans too. Also, now I will need to postpone my pain boards as it is on the same weekend. I don't think this will affect jobs in any way as we are still board eligible. I think everyone will be pretty understanding as this is completely out of our control. Personally I just wanted to have it done, no I have to think about it for another 6 months.

Yep. And I don't think they should ALSO change the format of the exam at the same time - too many changes.