Board Vitals for Core

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MouseChair

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Currently prepping for Core about 6 weeks to go

On Board Vitals, am averaging low 70s. I would think this would be decent to pass but it's saying it is low percentile (like 12th?) The software otherwise says this is "on track". My lowest scores are in physics and radiation safety, which I hope will be easier to improve....

Reading online/on rad discord, people are saying these may be inaccurate. A few years old data suggested 74% is the average BV score for someone who passed core. Can anyone give some reassurance? Or are the margins really that thin?

Members don't see this ad.

BV is skewed due to people taking it multiple times. I wouldn't use the percentage for much other than seeing where your weak points are. Also the real questions are closer to BV-style (but harder) compared to some of the other Qbanks, the stems are short and some are very straightforward.

Hi All
Currently prepping for Core about 6 weeks to go

On Board Vitals, am averaging low 70s. I would think this would be decent to pass but it's saying it is low percentile (like 12th?) The software otherwise says this is "on track". My lowest scores are in physics and radiation safety, which I hope will be easier to improve....

Reading online/on rad discord, people are saying these may be inaccurate. A few years old data suggested 74% is the average BV score for someone who passed core. Can anyone give some reassurance? Or are the margins really that thin?
BV is insanely skewed as it seems to include people who are doing the qBank multiple times.

I passed every section on the Core exam and was averaging low 80s on BV (first pass, timed test mode). That was at the ~20th percentile.

If you still have 6 weeks to go and you are studying hard throughout most of it, you are on track IMO. You want to build up as large of a buffer as possible in case you have a bad day/sleep poorly/have text anxiety.

Last edited:
BV is skewed due to people taking it multiple times. I wouldn't use the percentage for much other than seeing where your weak points are. Also the real questions are closer to BV-style (but harder) compared to some of the other Qbanks, the stems are short and some are very straightforward.
What makes the questions on the real exam harder? Shouldn't the tested concepts be the same/very similar?