Board review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TotalKayOs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think having another sub-category about the NAPLEX (and all things relating to it, i.e. reviewing, hints, tips) would be a good idea.

Those of you who are taking your boards this year what are you using to study for it? What have you heard about it from last years students?

Members don't see this ad.

We have a guru come in and do a review

that's all we study

as far as a sub cat....

i really dont see the need but that's just me

TotalKayOs said:
Does anyone else think having another sub-category about the NAPLEX (and all things relating to it, i.e. reviewing, hints, tips) would be a good idea.
I think the subcategory is a good idea. We could even have just one subcategory that is aimed at all things post graduation including residencies and board exams etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
pharmagirl said:
I think the subcategory is a good idea. We could even have just one subcategory that is aimed at all things post graduation including residencies and board exams etc.
Someday those topics will be big enough that we won't want to clump them. It's better to separate them now then to have to try and sort them by hand later.

what is the break down of the naplex? 50% OTC, 50% Rx? and are the questions case based or stand alone?

TotalKayOs said:
what is the break down of the naplex? 50% OTC, 50% Rx? and are the questions case based or stand alone?

Here's what I remember (I look mine Nov 06). It was nowhere near 50/50. More like 95% RX/5% OTC. I had HIV and opp. infection questions. A lot of them. Others had more chemo questions. It seems like you will get one or the other. It is mostly case based. There are a lot of calculations, ie you have x amout of a r% solution and meed to make tml of a g% solution, how much of a p% solution do you add, etc. Also, def know all brand and generics, they change them up quite a bit.

luckily i have had a heme/onc and now i am doing HIV rotation. hopefully i'll be ok no matter which i get.