All Branch Topic (ABT) Blooom Inc Trolling Military Members

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

militaryPHYS

Ortho Staff
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the military finance world Blooom Inc seems to be popping up more often in what I see as a likely strong affiliate link (unverified). Either way, they are trying to sell that they can manage your TSP better for $10 dollars a month than a DIY person can or even a Lifecycle Fund. While cheap, it doesn't change the fact that TSP is already the cheapest expense ratio in existence and offers decent Lifecycle fund options.

They are basically targeting the "100% G-funders" which are a majority young enlisted. For these members, even if they don't want to (or can't) manage their TSP fund themselves, I would still recommend they just switch to their Target Lifecycle fund WAY before I would advocate that they pay someone $10 a month for the rest of their lives to do a simple task that is already built in to the Lifecycle fund's expense ratio (which is at or near lowest in the world).

Yes, the Lifecycle funds may be too conservative in some people's opinions, but it will do the job of near-maximizing long-term growth for your average person in a purely set-it and forget-it strategy.

Members don't see this ad.