Biostats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCG

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have taken the exam, how many q's can we expect to see from biostats, 1 or 2 per block? i'm trying to figure how much time i want to spend on this, and if i need to read high yield biostats or just first aid. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think it depends on which test you happen to take that day. The USMLE uses several different blocks and the distribution will vary from block to block. I felt that there were quite a few biostat Qs on my test compared to my classmates who felt they had too many biochem Qs. The best thing to do is be ready for anything. Concentrate on your weakest subjects first and move on to things you are more comfortable with. If I had to guess, I would say that there were 3-4 biostat Qs per block. Hope that helps.

I had approx 15 biostat Qs on my exam. During the exam I felt like an a$$, because I did not review that nauseating topic at all! At the end got a 230, so it didn't hurt me. I wasn't aiming that high anyway.
My advice: leave biostat review for the last week, and review it only if you feel completely confident in every other topic.

I had approx 15 biostat Qs on my exam. During the exam I felt like an a$$, because I did not review that nauseating topic at all! At the end got a 230, so it didn't hurt me. I wasn't aiming that high anyway.
My advice: leave biostat review for the last week, and review it only if you feel completely confident in every other topic.