Biology Professor I want a Letter Of Rec from no longer works at university. Is this a problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fortylicks

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen schools require that your Letter of Rec's have an official letterhead on them. As the title says, a Bio professor I want a letter from no longer works at the university and thus would no longer have the university's "official letterhead" so I'm wondering if there's any way around this. Is this a problem? Has anyone experienced something similar?

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen schools require that your Letter of Rec's have an official letterhead on them. As the title says, a Bio professor I want a letter from no longer works at the university and thus would no longer have the university's "official letterhead" so I'm wondering if there's any way around this. Is this a problem? Has anyone experienced something similar?
is he at a different University? Is he had a corporation? Does he have any sort of professional letterhead? If yes to any of the above then it's okay to use it.

If he is retired or unemployed, then you're out of luck with this guy for that particular medical school.