Bio & Physics

kh18

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did really bad on the Bio & Physics sections the first time I took the OAT. I had mainly studied off of the Kaplan BIG book. So what other study materials does anyone suggest to help improve with those two sections? (OAT Destroyer, ExamKrackers, Top Score by Scholarware, MCAT books, Sparknotes......)

Will have to request whichever one is better for Christmas.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I haven't taken the test yet but I do have the OAT destroyer and they have manyyyyyy many questions for the Bio section that would definitely sharpen your knowledge. I have the big Kaplan book as well and I really didn't like it for the Bio section. With the OAT destroyer they give you thorough explanations so even if you get the answers right you should read the explanation so you know more about why everything else was wrong.

Anyways can I ask your scores on each section and for the OChem section did you think the big Kaplan book was enough? I have having an extremely hard time with OChem!!!

I used comprehensive college physics and introductory biology textbooks to review for the OAT and did well in both. I used the textbooks because I didn't care for any of the review materials out there. Sure, there weren't any sample OAT questions, but you can get those from the Kaplan OAT book or from the ASCO website. I think they still have a full length paper test you can print out.