Bio-Medical Sciences or Bio-Medical Engineering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kyle O

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To start off I want to state that I am aware of GPA and patient contact hours etc. being more important than what you major in or what school you come from. I want to know what degree would be the best for a student wanting to become a neurological surgeon. I am currently at the point where I have to decide between bio-medical sciences or bio-medical engineering. Again, I realize that accomplishments academically are more important than what major you get.

Members don't see this ad.

To start off I want to state that I am aware of GPA and patient contact hours etc. being more important than what you major in or what school you come from. I want to know what degree would be the best for a student wanting to become a neurological surgeon. I am currently at the point where I have to decide between bio-medical sciences or bio-medical engineering. Again, I realize that accomplishments academically are more important than what major you get.

It really doesn't matter at all what major you choose, as long as you get the prerequisites done. If you think you can do engineering and get a great GPA, then that will probably be slightly favorable. But don't do engineering then bomb your GPA, that will kill your chances. Do something you know you can get a good GPA in.