Bio major who didn't do well in biological science section of MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mackaikai

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
count me in :(

Members don't see this ad.

isnt that like a fisherman that cant fish?

just playing bro. :D

i mean unless your did horrendously its going to be alright. they dont expect bio majors to get 13+s all the time.

Here is my thoughts on this subject. If you are a bio major you probably have had a number of extra higher level bio classes before the MCAT. The MCAT only requires bio I and II. Since you have had more you may try to read more into the questions than is necessary, basically you overthink the questions trying to use your advanced courses rather Bio I or II to answer them.

Just my feelings on the subject.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're a bio major bio should be the easiest section because you are interested in it otherwise why would you be a bio major. Upper division bio shouldn't hurt you, it should help, if you took biochem and genetics and physio you would be better off than someone who only took intro. I took princeton review and I scored a 10 on the second practice test and kept a 10 for the next six tests. I got a 12 on the actual test. But i've always liked biology, maybe you had a bad day or ochem f@cked you over.

Yup, I was a bio-type major and did the worst on the bio section (verbal was my best - weird!)...I'm blaming it all on orgo though :)

~H

Originally posted by MErc44
If you're a bio major bio should be the easiest section because you are interested in it otherwise why would you be a bio major. Upper division bio shouldn't hurt you, it should help, if you took biochem and genetics and physio you would be better off than someone who only took intro. I took princeton review and I scored a 10 on the second practice test and kept a 10 for the next six tests. I got a 12 on the actual test. But i've always liked biology, maybe you had a bad day or ochem f@cked you over.

Well, it depends. Some people do better with more exposure; some people get worse with upper-level classes, because it encourages them to overthink things.

I think that the bottom line is that the MCAT just isn't like normal bio -- it's got its own thing going on.