Better to submit application before sending supplementals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ericado

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it better to submit the application (either online or paper format) before sending out transcripts and letters of rec? All my letters of rec and transcripts have already been sent out a while back, but my app is not complete everywhere because I still have to submit at some schools. Hopefully, there won't be delays with all the loose pieces of mail? Does it matter which order you submit in?

Members don't see this ad.

Most universities recommend that you send the application first and then send your documents. But atleast the application should be sent with thw application materials. But generally the universities tend to make folders which will contain all the documents that you ahve sent and any document that you send is kept in the folder which is kept safe for atleast a year. So I think that it should not be a major issue. However you can always mail the program director about the current status of your application procedure and consult them how to proceed?