Best way to use UsmleRx and Uworld 6 months out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brahventus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on using only usmleRx and Uworld as my qbanks. Which combo do you think is best?

1) - Winter break: UsmleRx 1x OR read all FA
- UsmleRX 1x pass from Jan.-March
- Uworld 1st pass March-May
- Uworld 2nd pass May-June

2) - Winter break: 1st pass UsmleRx
- 1st pass Uworld January-May (while referencing FA)
- 2nd pass Uworld May-June

3) - Winter break: 1st pass UsmleRx
- Jan-May 2nd pass Usmle Rx
- May-June 2x passes Uworld

Members don't see this ad.

Also I think you forgot to mention where the 1x pass is of uworld in #3 option - unless you meant that as your 1x pass instead of 2x. Uworld is way better than any other qbank. Do that twice for sure. If you can fit all of usmlerx in do that too. I would definitely NOT delay starting uworld on option 1 if you are behind in finishing usmlerx

Also I think you forgot to mention where the 1x pass is of uworld in #3 option - unless you meant that as your 1x pass instead of 2x. Uworld is way better than any other qbank. Do that twice for sure. If you can fit all of usmlerx in do that too. I would definitely NOT delay starting uworld on option 1 if you are behind in finishing usmlerx

Sorry I meant that I will do uworld twice during dedicated on option 3. My main concern is that people on here mentioned "peaking" so I'm trying to decide on if starting my 1st pass of uworld after spring break would be more beneficial than doing uworld spread out from January till may. Of course, my goal is to get my 1st pass in before dedicated regardless.

Reactions: 1 user
Would love to know this. I keep hearing do uworld once, no do it twice! Start in January, no start 3 mo out! Someone tell me what to do. Lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I keep reading different opinions on whether random vs systems based is better. I plan on using FA/Pathoma/UWorld to study, should I do random questions or should I go through subject blocks one at a time?

Reactions: 1 user
I keep reading different opinions on whether random vs systems based is better. I plan on using FA/Pathoma/UWorld to study, should I do random questions or should I go through subject blocks one at a time?
Bump