best way to keep track of radonc patients?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreakFlag

spiral of silence
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you more seasoned radoncs keep track of your patients (e.g., who needs a sim, who needs contours, who missed their OTV last week, pertinent one-liners regarding pt dx / tx plan)?

Are there any good programs for PDAs that can do this? Are there any IMPAC data export options, hacks, scripts, macros that can automagically generate daily, updated lists of who-needs-what?

I'm currently relying on a homemade spreadsheet, post-its and my already failing memory. Any tips or hacks would be much appreciated!

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

After trying multiple systems (some of which, on retrospect, were simply ridiculous!), I have settled on good ole' blank 3x5 index cards with lots of to-do check boxes.

I do the front side before the consult (history, studies, etc.). The back (with one line summary on the top) is filled out from the date of consult on with check boxes, treatment plan info (dose/fx), and follow-up stuff.

I found this to be most effective because you can write/draw much quicker. It's compact, portable, and sortable.

However, it's not searchable if you forget the name of a patient. Maybe I'll have a spreadsheet backup (sort of like ACGME log) with bare minimum info so I can search.