Best song to play....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PowderHound

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...after a bad day in clinic?

Post away!

Members don't see this ad.

"Take This Job and Shove It" seems like a pretty obvious choice. I might go with David Allan Coe's version of it.
And if you don't like that song of his, try "F*ckin in the Butt." If that song doesn't change your whole outlook on life, then nothing will....truly inspiring....a real model of what this great country stands for.

"Bad Day" By Daniel Powter

Be careful though, it may make you want to kill yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
My personal favorite is "I Will Survive..."

anxiety by blackeyed peas

then

let's get ******ed

Keep ya head up -Tupac

Sorry by Elton John (it may be the only time you hear it) :laugh:

On my way to the L&D floor at 4:45 am, I use to hum the Imperial Death March from Star Wars.

Feel Good Inc. by the Gorillaz

The Scientist by Coldplay

Nobody said it was easy
Nobody ever said it would be this hard...

UCSFbound said:
On my way to the L&D floor at 4:45 am, I use to hum the Imperial Death March from Star Wars.

hahahahaha
that is classic.

Members don't see this ad :)
I Was Wrong by Social Distortion.

I can't remember the name of this song, it's really old...

But the chorus goes, "Ooh, child, things are gonna get easier...ooh child, things will get brighter"

Also Alan Jackson "It's 5:00 somewhere" as you head out to happy hour.

shminger said:
:laugh: How about "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey? :laugh:
I like this one. :laugh:

Sammich81 said:
I can't remember the name of this song, it's really old...

But the chorus goes, "Ooh, child, things are gonna get easier...ooh child, things will get brighter"

Also Alan Jackson "It's 5:00 somewhere" as you head out to happy hour.

Uhm, I believe the title of that song is "Ooh, Child." ;)

Sweet. I love it when things are obvious. Unlike the million eponymic things in medicine.

Actually I googled the chorus trying to find the full lyrics and couldn't get anything other than random quotations in people's webpages that may or not be right. What gives?

Sammich81 said:
Sweet. I love it when things are obvious. Unlike the million eponymic things in medicine.

Actually I googled the chorus trying to find the full lyrics and couldn't get anything other than random quotations in people's webpages that may or not be right. What gives?

Here you go!

Yeah, that's the one- thanks!

I am challenged. Just call me short bus sammich.

Breathe (2am ) by Anna Nalick

Metallica - "Through the Never"

kaos said:
The Scientist by Coldplay

Nobody said it was easy
Nobody ever said it would be this hard...

I conquer. Also, I find Be by Common helps before exams, maybe they might help after a bad day - who knows.

Sorry, but it has be done... :laugh:

Queen - "Another One Bites The Dust"

-X

P.S. Fat-bottomed girls really do make the rockin' world go 'round.

sophiejane said:
this thread is begging to be turned into an iMix....

anyone...?

I am a music junkie and couldn't resist posting all the songs below. To try and make up for it, I made an iMix, called "Med Student Mix" (just submittedit, not sure when it will finish processing), and put in the ones from the thread that I could find. Here are some of mine:

When you did something stupid - "Stuck in a Moment" by U2 & "My Stupid Mouth" by John Mayer

When you will persevere no matter how you are treated - "My 1st Song" by Jay-Z & "Can't nobody hold me down" -Puff/Mase, "Lose Yourself" Eminem

When you need to smile - "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac & "Don't worry, be happy"Bobby McFadden & "No Rain" Blind Melon, "Sing a Song" E,W&F
"The World's Greatest" - R Kelly
When you wanted to tell someone off - "Blow it Out" Ludacris, "My Happy Ending" - Avril

If you just want to cry/accept - "Circle" by Edie Brickell & "Down so Low" Jewel & "Landslide" Dixie Chicks, "Visions of a Sunset" - Shawn

For escape - "If I could go" Angie Martinez "When the Sun Goes Does" Kenny Chesney

I liked this song BEFORE it became top 40:

"Over my Head" by The Fray

"Everyone knows I'm in over my head, over my head..."

Depends on the type of bad day!

Angry bad day: "Coming Undone" by Korn, or anything by Static-X that involves a lot of incoherent screaming :D

Sad bad day: "Mad World" (the Donnie Darko Soundtrack version) or "The Weeping Song" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

"Don't Stand So Close To Me" ~ The Police

"The Show Must Go On" ~ Queen

socuteMD said:
I liked this song BEFORE it became top 40:

"Over my Head" by The Fray

"Everyone knows I'm in over my head, over my head..."
Omg I love that one too! I thought it was nuts how it was so appropriate to the way I was feeling after a long call night!

Hard24Get said:
I am a music junkie and couldn't resist posting all the songs below. To try and make up for it, I made an iMix, called "Med Student Mix" (just submittedit, not sure when it will finish processing), and put in the ones from the thread that I could find. Here are some of mine:

When you did something stupid - "Stuck in a Moment" by U2 & "My Stupid Mouth" by John Mayer

When you will persevere no matter how you are treated - "My 1st Song" by Jay-Z & "Can't nobody hold me down" -Puff/Mase, "Lose Yourself" Eminem

When you need to smile - "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac & "Don't worry, be happy"Bobby McFadden & "No Rain" Blind Melon, "Sing a Song" E,W&F
"The World's Greatest" - R Kelly
When you wanted to tell someone off - "Blow it Out" Ludacris, "My Happy Ending" - Avril

If you just want to cry/accept - "Circle" by Edie Brickell & "Down so Low" Jewel & "Landslide" Dixie Chicks, "Visions of a Sunset" - Shawn

For escape - "If I could go" Angie Martinez "When the Sun Goes Does" Kenny Chesney

That's great~ Thanks!

Your iMix isn't up yet. :( I'll be looking out for it though!

Radiohead -- "How To Disappear Completely"

Although the title might seem to offer some secrets that would be much appreciated by the miserable third year student hiding in the janitor's closet frantically memorizing his copy of Surgical Recall two days before the shelf test, the real beauty of this song is in its chorus:

I'm not here
This isn't happening
I'm not here
I'm not here

:laugh: :laugh:

Alive and Kicking by Simple Minds

And then there is the default

Hold on by Wilson Phillips

Erasure - "A Little Respect" :thumbup:

Chumbawamba: Tubthumping

I get knocked down but I get up again / you ain't never gonna keep me down... :p

Crash Test Dummies: Superman's Song

I'm the Doctor and Blue Flowers - Dr. Octagon, and Falling Down Cunninlynguists

Release Me

by Englebert Humperdinck

Please release me let me go...

"We're Not Gonna Take It"
---By good ole Twisted Sister.

"No Leaf Clover" by Metallica:

Then it comes to be that the soothing light
At the end of your tunnel
Was just a freight train comin your way

"Televators" by The Mars Volta

You should have seen
The curse that flew right by you
Page of concrete
Stainwalks crutch and hobbled sway
Auto-D-dafe, a capillary hint of red
And only this manupod crescent in shape has escaped

Just trying to figure out what the hell they are singing about is enough to make you forget your bad day ;)

amojan99 said:
"Bad Day" By Daniel Powter

Be careful though, it may make you want to kill yourself.

I've grown to hate this song with the fiery passion of one-thousand burning suns