Best search tool for the residency program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SNAMJ

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
what is the best search tool for the residency programs?
it's my first year to apply and I am not sure?

Members don't see this ad.

There are many tools that you can use, but I think the most basic one is FREIDA:

There are more tools that you can use with one of them launched last year and that I found really useful:

I am sure there are more search tools that I dont know about, but those 2 are the main ones that I used.

Reactions: 1 user
There are many tools that you can use, but I think the most basic one is FREIDA:

There are more tools that you can use with one of them launched last year and that I found really useful:

I am sure there are more search tools that I dont know about, but those 2 are the main ones that I used.
Thanks much appreciate it.

Is there any search tool that you can filter by average USMLE/COMLEX scores at the program instead of their published cutoff scores? TIA.

Is there any search tool that you can filter by average USMLE/COMLEX scores at the program instead of their published cutoff scores? TIA.
I tried to find the way with COMPLEX without success. But I found a relatively fast solution with USMLE Step 1 on the way. I walked over programs by pressing the next button and bookmarking programs with a low average score here. After registration and selecting a specialty, you will be able to choose a free list. Select the first program and press the next button then. Maybe, one hour or less.

For ResidencyExplorer for the specialty I am interested in although some programs don’t have a published range/average listed it appears to still give you “you are in the bottom 25%/middle 50%/top 25% of this programs Step 1 scores”.
Are programs able to give some sort of bell curve for this metric without explicitly giving their average? Where does this reference come from?