Best Schools for Research in Minority Health/Health Disparities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

aries304

Hey all,

I'm sure some of you have done research/internships/experiences with minority health and health disparities. What schools have the notoriety for pushing out the best education and research in the field?

Specifically I'm asking in regards to non-HBCUs that have Public Health programs. And if you know anything about GWU, Drexel, UI-Chicago's medical/public health faculty that is even better (I've been admitted to these programs for the fall and want to get into this kind of research). Thanks for anything!

Members don't see this ad.

I may be a little bias but my school, Loma Linda University SOM, has a Health Disparities Research Unit/Building where all the research they do is related to conditions affecting specifically minority populations: http://www.llu.edu/llu/medicine/chdr/index.html. They offer really great summer internships for college students and for LLU med students.

Case Western Reserve and Ohio State have great research options for disparities in healthcare delivery as does Johns Hopkins. With the internet out there, you can do your research in most any location but some programs have special emphasis in these matters at many levels similiar to Loma Linda.