Best Resource for Biostats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colts

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats the best book/resource/qbank to review biostats from?

And is the uworld biostats and epidemiology subject review any good?

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately I can't tell you what the best resource for biostats is, but I can tell you that biostats questions were all over my test, probably 20 or more. This doesn't mean there will be that many on yours but I would prepare for the worst. I felt the biostats questions on Uworld were pretty good but I've always felt it is best to learn from some other source and use the questions to solidify what you already know. Good luck.

UWorld. Step Up to Medicine/Step Up to Step 2 have good biostats sections that are sufficient for what's tested on Step 2.

The questions you'll get are mostly all about the same things: sensitivity, specificity, PPV, NPV, attributable risk, absolute risk reduction, relative risk, odds ratio, number needed to treat/harm, types of studies and their benefits/downfalls (cohort, experiment, case-control, cross-sectional)... they just like to mix them up and ask it in different ways so just know how to calculate each one and what they each mean.

Once you get the hang of them they can become the easiest questions on the test. Be careful though they present the graphs/tables in different ways in different questions so remember to look at the labels and make sure you're calculating the right thing.