Best Place to Practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xmxpro

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give input on the best states to practice medicine? I will finish my fellowship in Endocrinology.
I know that different states have less liars, I mean lawyers. From what I hear Fl is great for Endo, although they have a high population of physicians leaving sue to the leagal issues.

Any input will help.

Thanks,
MD

Members don't see this ad.

Try the aamc website. They have a list of states in medmal crisis.

I found some nice info regarding my own posting. I guess it good to do your own research somtimes...

http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/noindex/category/11871.html

We need to change the direction of US healthcare, or we will not have any doc's, since many are leaving the field, do to legal issues.

That's funny, I never heard of an intern finishing Endocrinology fellowship in 1 yr.
You must be on the advanced program. :rolleyes:

xmxpro said:
Can anyone give some info regarding good IM Residencies? I am a PGY1, and thinking of changing due to the fact of little if any research at my program.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=136863

MustafaMond said:
That's funny, I never heard of an intern finishing Endocrinology fellowship in 1 yr.

Well to be fair unless he edited his post he did not actually say he was going to finish his endocrine fellowship this year. Of course it seems awful early to be looking down the road 5-6 years.

On the ballot in Florida this November will be a proposal to limit lawyer's fees to 30% of a judgement in med mal up to 250k, and I believe 5% beyond that amount.

(nicedream) said:
On the ballot in Florida this November will be a proposal to limit lawyer's fees to 30% of a judgement in med mal up to 250k, and I believe 5% beyond that amount.
Indiana is a great place to practice, if you don't mind the Midwest. We enacted a bulletproof cap on damages almost 30 years ago, meaning malpractice premiums here are among the lowest in the country, and the cost of living is super low, meaning your salary has a lot more buying power than if you're on the coast.

MustafaMond said:

Unlike many residents, I am thinking ahead if my game. To stand corrected, I mean I am a PGY1 who will finish a Endo fellowship in US. I already finished an Endo residency in Europe, although had to move to the US with my husband.
So to answer your question, I am currently a certified endocrinologist in Europe, although I had to start my residency over again in the US.
Also, I have a PhD in Stoke, Diabetes, and Hypertension, with 37 publications(US and International) By the way, what is your PhD in?

I hope that answers your stupid technical question. Try to focus on the issue on hand, rather than looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Thanks,
MD

Goober said:
Well to be fair unless he edited his post he did not actually say he was going to finish his endocrine fellowship this year. Of course it seems awful early to be looking down the road 5-6 years.
Thanks for actaully reading and thinking past your ears.
MD

xmxpro said:
Unlike many residents, I am thinking ahead if my game. To stand corrected, I mean I am a PGY1 who will finish a Endo fellowship in US. I already finished an Endo residency in Europe, although had to move to the US with my husband.
So to answer your question, I am currently a certified endocrinologist in Europe, although I had to start my residency over again in the US.
Also, I have a PhD in Stoke, Diabetes, and Hypertension, with 37 publications(US and International) By the way, what is your PhD in?

I hope that answers your stupid technical question. Try to focus on the issue on hand, rather than looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Thanks,
MD

Wow, you must be one of the most insecure people on the planet. "MD" hahaha. You are a world-class troll. Go back to Europe.

(nicedream) said:
Wow, you must be one of the most insecure people on the planet. "MD" hahaha. You are a world-class troll. Go back to Europe.
It's possible "MD" are just the initials of the poster. If she got her medical degree in Europe, it probaby isn't an "M.D." anyway, as medical degrees in most of Europe are technically bachelors degrees.

aphistis said:
Indiana is a great place to practice, if you don't mind the Midwest. We enacted a bulletproof cap on damages almost 30 years ago, meaning malpractice premiums here are among the lowest in the country, and the cost of living is super low, meaning your salary has a lot more buying power than if you're on the coast.

Yeah, but remember YOU'RE IN INDIANA. Being from the east coast, I practiced for about 5 minutes in IN before I got the hell out. Food for thought.... :rolleyes:

aphistis said:
Thanks for demonstrating your own trollishness, though.
Thanks, for support. For everyones knowledge, MD is my name. If any of these people had any brains, they would know that the proper way to sign your name as a doc would be M.D. Oh ya, in my case it would be M.D., PhD...

Have a great day.

MD

xmxpro said:
Oh ya, in my case it would be M.D., PhD...

MD

Even if it is your name, do you see anyone signing their posts JS, BK, NA? You must love having those initials, its like you were MEANT to be a doc. Once again, great congrats on being such an amazing person!!! Wow, an M.D. and a PhD!!!! And all those publications!!! And a degree from University of Lkalfiefa!!! Welcome to America, where nobody gives a ****.

xmxpro said:
Thanks, for support. For everyones knowledge, MD is my name. If any of these people had any brains, they would know that the proper way to sign your name as a doc would be M.D. Oh ya, in my case it would be M.D., PhD...

Have a great day.

MD

Yeah, but you got your M.D. and PhD in Europe. It's not the same thing. We all know of several medical schools in Europe that you can get into with a check. Americans have been doing this for decades; Poland, Ireland, England and Hungary ring a bell? If you don't get into medical school here, you go to Europe or the Caribean. Europe has their fair share of excellent medical school but they also have their fair of shady ones that anyone with a pulse can into. And you don't strike me as someone who went to Cambridge.

daelroy said:
And you don't strike me as someone who went to Cambridge.

Based on what? the fact that she singed her post with her initials?

Sledge2005 said:
Based on what? the fact that she singed her post with her initials?

Based on the fact that she had to inform us that she has 37 publications, and a Ph.D. when she was never even close to being asked. I'm sure if she went to Cambridge she wouldn't have left out that tidbit. People who are genuinely all-stars don't feel the need to brag when not asked. It's usually trolls who like to spill their credentials in situations like these.

daelroy said:
Based on the fact that she had to inform us that she has 37 publications, and a Ph.D. when she was never even close to being asked. I'm sure if she went to Cambridge she wouldn't have left out that tidbit. People who are genuinely all-stars don't feel the need to brag when not asked. It's usually trolls who like to spill their credentials in situations like these.

yeah but that's just b/c she was smacking down mustafa for calling her a liar.

She went to school in Poland. It was in another thread.

I am from Poland and went to school in Poland, and was teaching there as well. I never thought I would move to US nor did I ever want too, until I met my husband.

As far as my publications, I was telling the facts of my case. If i didn't tell anyone it would be asked. I was only supporting my problem.

Regards,
MD