Best of the Rest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MODPOD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the opinions on the rest of the programs left in the scramble? Give the top 5 and if they were in the top 10 nationwide prior to the match?

Members don't see this ad.

What are the opinions on the rest of the programs left in the scramble? Give the top 5 and if they were in the top 10 nationwide prior to the match?

The only "big name program" that didn't match was Portland. Other notable programs were UMDNJ and Kentucky. Some still consider St. Vincents in Cleveland to be a big name program although many would dispute that.

what about UPMC-SS and JFK florida, i saw in previous threads that they were considered in the top ten in the nation.

Members don't see this ad :)
what about UPMC-SS and JFK florida, i saw in previous threads that they were considered in the top ten in the nation.

I would not consider UPMC-SS one of the top ten programs. However, UPMC-SS is a decent program and the residents do get to work with a foot and ankle orthopod.

Isn't Scott & White in Temple, TX a solid program?

Isn't Scott & White in Temple, TX a solid program?

It is, but you have to fight with ortho residents for rearfoot and ankle procedures. There are better programs in TXs if you are looking at that area.

i think the michigan programs are pretty decent. But again, it comes down to what you are looking for in residency program - surgery? woundcare? balance? Etc. I haven't heard great things about the pontiac osteopathic program in Michigan - this was from a person who visited the program and a current anesesthilogy resident over there. However, they did turn it into a PM&S 36 from a 24 so it could be improved now...

University of Pittsburgh is supposed to be a good program as well - from the respect of surgical exposure.

i'm a DO ER resident at St. Barnabas, bronx, NY. We have a what i believe is a 3 yr surgical pod residency with an option of 4th yr. There's no ortho residency in the hospital and podiatry residents covers both pod and ortho cases and consult. From what my friends at the pod programs are telling me, they get good amount of OR time and looks like all graduating residents are getting 6 figures offers..... but i'm not sure if it's in NYC areas. What do you guys think of the pod program in my hospital. It's a mix residency hospital with osteopathic FP/ER/IM/Radiology/Surgery residency, allopathic IM/PEDS residency and podiatry residency.

i'm a DO ER resident at St. Barnabas, bronx, NY. We have a what i believe is a 3 yr surgical pod residency with an option of 4th yr. There's no ortho residency in the hospital and podiatry residents covers both pod and ortho cases and consult. From what my friends at the pod programs are telling me, they get good amount of OR time and looks like all graduating residents are getting 6 figures offers..... but i'm not sure if it's in NYC areas. What do you guys think of the pod program in my hospital. It's a mix residency hospital with osteopathic FP/ER/IM/Radiology/Surgery residency, allopathic IM/PEDS residency and podiatry residency.

I've heard good things about it but I admit that I don't know much about any of the programs in NY. NY is one of the few states that still has a poor scope of practice for pods (no ankle).