Best MCAT review course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gorillaRN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As an RN who hasn't taken the Inorganic or Organic chem in quite a while (3 years or so), what would be the best course of study to review for my MCAT in January? Can anyone suggest any reviews the review over the basics and that will be able to assist someone who needs some "brushing up" on his studies? Any suggestions would be greatly apprecated.

Also if anyone can help explain the MCAT and how it works a little more to me I sure would appreciate it. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard that for Gen Chem, Princeton Review & Berkeley Review are great resources - especially for in-depth review, or if you have not seen the material in a while as in your case. [I can't comment on them as I did not use them personally. I used Kaplan, which I thought was very well-written for Gen Chem & Physics: assuming you had the courses recently.]

For Organic Chem, I am not sure the best resource for in-depth review esp if you have not seen it in a while. I thought Kaplan Orgo was really good (but again I took Orgo this past year).

Kaplan Bio Review Notes were my least favorite of the 4. I just thought they were extremely overly detailed and not well structured, making it difficult to learn areas I had forgotten and wanted to brush up in.

Consider EK101 passages and the EK Verbal Reasoning Strategy for verbal, most people recommend that.

As far as how the MCAT works, what specific aspect about the MCAT? Like do you mean scoring or structure-wise, content, etc?