Best Gynonc path book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MetroPath

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions? I saw this one on Amazon with good reviews but it’s old (2011). Anyone know any better books? Thanks in advance.

5E033FE8-5861-4B05-A81D-BD8A73D13DBB.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

I believe the consultants (attendings) in my current lab use that book, along with the "WHO Classification of Tumours of Female Reproductive Organs".

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve personally become a fan of the AFIP fascicles myself. They’re in the process of being updated and I find them to be practical and fairly comprehensive.

But I find the AFIP uterine book to be less practical.
I Think Crums pathology is good.

Reactions: 1 user
Books are useless. Just get ExpertPath. Best and only resource you need as a practicing pathologist.

Books are useless. Just get ExpertPath. Best and only resource you need as a practicing pathologist.

If all you’re interested in is just making a histology diagnosis, then it’s adequate. If you however want help in complex staging issues or additional information on controversial topics that annoyingly show up with equally annoying frequency in practice, ExpertPath is not the place to be looking. We all have ExpertPath in our group and I only use it when I need quick information on an entity or ideas on a differential to hone my work up.

For day to day sign out issues in gynpath I love this book.

Diagnostic Gynecologic and Obstetric Pathology: An Atlas and Text 1st Edition
by Roger A. Reichert MD PhD

For day to day sign out issues in gynpath I love this book.

Diagnostic Gynecologic and Obstetric Pathology: An Atlas and Text 1st Edition
by Roger A. Reichert MD PhD

I second that. It is a great book for day-to-day sign out.