Best book out there to polish physical diagnosis skills

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

santafe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really need to brush up my physical diagnosis abilities, clarify some terminology and have a good "skills work-out", history taking and patient interaction included.
I work in a place where I can really have some practice (unpaid, but very much apprecciated :)
What's the best physical diagnosis book you've tried (comprehensive, clear and if possible just one, don't tell me to buy the 5 fat-guys in a row:D)

Members don't see this ad.

book we use at my school is clinical examination by talley and o'connor. great book. highly recommend. i know some people who use the book by bates too (it's a big black book with gold and red writing). talley and o'connor would be my vote though

book we use at my school is clinical examination by talley and o'connor. great book. highly recommend. i know some people who use the book by bates too (it's a big black book with gold and red writing). talley and o'connor would be my vote though
Thanks, I just had a look and it seems really good, I also looked at the Bates, the difference in price is not that important, both are under $100:cool:.
I think that would be fine, I really don't feel like buying all the specialties books just for the clinical examination, and having my books sent from home would be quite expensive, so I'd give the Talley a try. Thanks again :)

Members don't see this ad :)
We also use Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking. I've used it a lot and it's a great book! I would also vote for this one! ;)

I have also taken reference from talley and o'connor's book. It is a great book and every things are included in it.