USMLE Best Alternatives of Uworld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ifaizansalam

Reaction score
As Uworld is expensive I am lookt for best Alternatives of Uworld.

Members don't see this ad.

as someone who did UWorld fully and am now going through COMBANK the difference in difficulty and thought required is hilarious. COMBANK is a joke comparatively and UWorld definitely prepared me to swat a lot of these questions aside very quickly. Do UWorld.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just took step 1 a month or so ago. The test is basically 7 blocks of UWorld. Bite the bullet and buy a 6 month subscription. You won't regret it.

Talk to your financial aid office. You can take out loan money to cover a Uworld subscription.

I have completed 1500 questions of Uworld so far. Preceding this I finished usmle RX-Qbank. To be honest, I prefer RX. This due to the more specific nature of the answer choices in RX (and step 1 is picky after all), better explanations (uworld sometimes doens't motivate why a specific answer choice was wrong in the same direct fashion as rx) and more practical (in RX, anytime there's a CT/MRI/skin lesion shown, I could use snipper tool and paste that in google drive. With Uworld active, you won't be able to do that without the entire Uworld program shutting off. And that is just a pain in the butt because you're forced to lock up similar pictures in Google while Uworld is shut off from your processor and then restart and resume...)

So you can take a debt for $300k, but you are saying the best qbank there is for your most important exam in your future career is expensive? Ok. I've seen everything now.

I have completed 1500 questions of Uworld so far. Preceding this I finished usmle RX-Qbank. To be honest, I prefer RX. This due to the more specific nature of the answer choices in RX (and step 1 is picky after all), better explanations (uworld sometimes doens't motivate why a specific answer choice was wrong in the same direct fashion as rx) and more practical (in RX, anytime there's a CT/MRI/skin lesion shown, I could use snipper tool and paste that in google drive. With Uworld active, you won't be able to do that without the entire Uworld program shutting off. And that is just a pain in the butt because you're forced to lock up similar pictures in Google while Uworld is shut off from your processor and then restart and resume...)

Yeah Rx is complete garbage and nothing like the real thing. The real thing feels like taking 7 challenging UWorld blocks back to back.

There's no good alternative. UWorld has got an effective monopoly on the Step preparation market right now. My philosophy is, if you're going to spend a little less (even if it's 50% less) and get ****ty quality stuff, you might as well spend the extra and get the gold standard. Step 1 kind of determines your career path...

I know, I know, it's not the end all be all but it's the closest thing to that there is.