berkeley anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dloi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys!
just wondering if anyone has heard from UC Berkeley yet? do they send out interviews and rejections at the same time?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi:

I just wanted to share some information that I got from the admissions office.

Invitations for interviews will be sent out early January for an interview date most likely to be at the end of the month. If you do not qualify for an interview, you will most likely be informed during the same time. There will probably be only one interview date.

Good luck with the interview! I'm not sure how many people will be invited or how many seats are full from early acceptances. Last year, there were 80 people on the interview date with approximately 20-25 seats taken from early acceptances. Class size is 60.

Rejections, acceptances and wait-list notifications after the interview can be received as fast as within a week after the interview or up to a month afterwards (last year's timeline).

Best wishes,

Rosanna

Ok, here is the official word:

Interviews will be on Sunday, February 15, 2004.

I hope to see many of you here!

Best wishes,

Rosanna

Members don't see this ad :)
rosanna, how's your year going! we demand an update :D

Ok-

After starting the semester with my neighbors being robbed, cars on my block being broken into, gas leaking into my apartment and then my grandfather getting pneumonia and passing away shortly afterwards ? I could say that things could have gone a lot worst. =) Through it all, I have a met a group of friends at Berkeley who have been extremely supportive.

Although I did think I was going to fail psychophysics, I studied a lot for all my finals and I?m still in the program. Since this is the first year the optometry school is considered a part of the graduate program instead of undergraduate, students have to sustain a 3.0 GPA or else be on academic probation.

Our class did lose one person from the program after the first semester. However, she left for her own personal reasons and not because of academic issues.

Some news about budget and student fees for optometry students: We have been warned about the Governor?s budget calls for a 40 percent increase in graduate tuition and a 25 percent reduction in funding for professional schools. Out-of-state tuition may be increased by 20% and with a reduction in financial aid. This is early in the process so the school does not know what the full impact may be. Financial aid is trying several things to address the issue of increased debt for graduates (providing scholarship grants, covering 50% of the summer tuition for 3rd and 4th year students, etc.).

Applications for this year are up. The School of Optometry had focused on the early admission program with more recruitment efforts, so applications increased by 15%.

Cal Day Open House will be on April 17th. This is an opportunity for prospective students to visit the optometry school.

Although the interview date is after Valentine?s Day, there will still be a lot of optometry students present to answer questions for anyone. Good luck on the interview to anyone coming!

HighlyFanatic: Congrats on your UHCO interview ? you?ll be great.

Best wishes,

Rosanna