Bench exam ! part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yasi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what does that mean?

It means that it is possible to repeat the assignment :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I think the perio probe has limited use in the RT exam.

You can use the tip to measure 0.5 clearance on Class II. Be sure the tip measures 0.5!

You can measure tooth reduction (but not clearance!) using a sock down jig--basically a "night guard" made to your typodont using a thin vacuum form material. Punch holes on jig while typodont wears the night guard. Measure amount of reduction by inserting perio probe into holes.

or...you can lay the probe on the occlusal of the teeth adjacent to your prep--in our case #18 and 20. If your prep touches the probe on the occlusal, you have inadequate clearance.

RGS 1 to 6 more useful IMO.
Can someone tell me what RGS 5&6 is useful for. Please tell me about it so I could get one if helpful. I thought we only had S1to S4.
Thanks.

I didn't think there was RGS 5-6 :confused:. Any ways does anyone knows if the UOP bookstore will be open on tommorrow.
GOODLUCK to all just relax before the exam.:)

Hi Guys,

The exam went well today. There were no surprises, it was the same preps as in Feb'.

The only thing is people who don't have a STAR handpiece for the exam tomorrow, please try to find one and take it to the exam tomorrow. Other handpieces like the Bien Air do work on most of the units, but it does not on some. The DBC is not responsible if your handpiece (anything other than the STAR) does not work. So please have a STAR atleast as a back up .
Good luck to everybody.

Sum

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys,

The exam went well today. There were no surprises, it was the same preps as in Feb'.

The only thing is people who don't have a STAR handpiece for the exam tomorrow, please try to find one and take it to the exam tomorrow. Other handpieces like the Bien Air do work on most of the units, but it does not on some. The DBC is not responsible if your handpiece (anything other than the STAR) does not work. So please have a STAR atleast as a back up .
Good luck to everybody.

Sum[/quote
Thank you Sum for the update(I am taking the exam @ USC).

Hey dentologo,

Good luck for your exam !!

Do you know how many people are taking the exam at USC? You should be able to find out from your registration letter through the register #'s given.

There were about 60 at UOP

Thanks,
Sum

Hey dentologo,

Good luck for your exam !!

Do you know how many people are taking the exam at USC? You should be able to find out from your registration letter through the register #'s given.

There were about 60 at UOP

Thanks,
Sum
Thanks. There are 89 of us taking the exam at USC.

good luck to all who took the exam at UOP .. and good to know the preps were the same as well ..

anyone want to share accomodation right next to USC on Friday Nov 09, 2007 please let me know .. My exam is on Saturday.. I have a reservation at Vagabond Inn which is right next to USC .. so no driving/traffic problem on saturday morning before the exam .. I will be flying in an ready to check in by 3 pm on Friday..

Hi,

If anybody needs a brand new equilibriated columbia typhodont (by Duggan a few weeks ago) please pm me.
I had it as a back up for my exam at UOP.

Sum

anyone want to share accomodation right next to USC on Friday Nov 09, 2007 please let me know .. My exam is on Saturday.. I have a reservation at Vagabond Inn which is right next to USC .. so no driving/traffic problem on saturday morning before the exam .. I will be flying in an ready to check in by 3 pm on Friday..

dear vijay,
hi! nice to see u again, i am interested in sharing accomodation. i am good friend of joseph reddy, houssien. pl. call me 732-925-1701. I am sure u would love to talk to me
bye, keep practiseing

Members don't see this ad :)

DEAR VIJAY,
I AM INTERESTED IN ACCOMODATION FOR BENCH EXAM ON FRIDAY. I SHALL SHARE THE EXPENSES.THANKS, CALL ME 732-925-1701
BYE

Hi.

Does anybody know how many times the lights went out in the exam room at UOP on the Saturday Oct. 9? I counted at least three times lasting 5-10 mins each.

Hi.

Does anybody know how many times the lights went out in the exam room at UOP on the Saturday Oct. 9? I counted at least three times lasting 5-10 mins each.

i think 3 times but not sure about for how long .
do you know when the results will be out?

does any one know when the results for UOP will send out?

Hi guys,

Just received my results yesterday (UOP 20 th Oct exam) and I have passed!!

Good luck to everybody waiting.

Sum

Hi guys,

I just received my results and I passed . I would like to thank all the members who kept me going for this exam .
Special thanks to Sum, Adideva, Dentologo and JGH whose comments, information and advice helped me pass the exam .

All the best to everyone appearing for the exam @ USC

Thanks,
Indodentist

Hi indodentist,

Congratulations!! I absolutely agree that the input from this forum has been incredibly useful and has helped me through the last 4 years since when
I've been following it!!

Thanks to everybody for your advice, inputs and willingness to share information and in the process help so many people!

Best of luck to dentologo and others taking the exam at USC

Sum

Sum and andodentist, congratulations.
now , do u want to take Cal board or Wreb? I am thinking which one is better?

Congrats to all who passed. To those who didn't I guess it is time to move on with life. Will there be more exams in 2008?

Hi jgh,

Thanks for your wishes. At this point, I think I plan to be taking the Cal boards as opposed to the WREB.

1) Both the exams entitlie you to practice only in California.
2) The Cal boards cost $600 as ooposed to a $1600 fees for the WREB
3) I would have to spend extra on getting the Endo kit and get trained in it as opposed to the Cal boards where the exercises are very similar to the ones in the part 3 an dI don't see any investment required in buying additional instruments.

This is my point of view. Anybody with different ideas?

Adideva, the part 3 exams will be conducted till the end of 2008. (Dec 2008)

Also does anybody know where the thread (previous) for the clinical exam is (Cal boards)?

Sum

:) Congratulations to everyone who passed I am very happy for all of you.If someone did,nt pass do not worry there will be exams in 2008 just practice.
My exam is tomarrow(Sunday) wish me luck. I think I am ready.Let us all wish goodluck for those who are taking the exam today at USC.

Again congratulations to Sum (who helped me a lot with my Compressor),Indodentist and Txdentist:thumbup:.

Never........NEVER....NEVER..... take WREB
I will never advise any body to take wreb exams, my reasons
1) very expensive compare to cal
2) need to learn endo again
3) prostho, perio computer exam very dificult
4) u need to score more than 80% to take cal license
5) for every small mistake they want to deduct points, they love giving PINK slips
6) after 3 attempts remediation is very difficult while cal board juset 40 hours
sincere advise , do not take WREB unless u love to fail. i know people WHO failed by just...... 0.10 points.
GOOD LUCK, THINK TWICE........

Thanks for your input and advice.

Hope everything does go well and fall in place for you.

Best of luck!!

Sum

i took the RT exam on Nov 10 at USC and the preps were the same ..

unfortunately i didnt have time to finish all my preps properly .. however, i know i am close to making it next time with better time management ..

CONGRATULATIONS to all those who passed .. for the rest , jsut keep trying .. there are 3 more chances in 2008 .. im sure we will all pass some day with hard work ..

Never........NEVER....NEVER..... take WREB
I will never advise any body to take wreb exams, my reasons
1) very expensive compare to cal
2) need to learn endo again
3) prostho, perio computer exam very dificult
4) u need to score more than 80% to take cal license
5) for every small mistake they want to deduct points, they love giving PINK slips
6) after 3 attempts remediation is very difficult while cal board juset 40 hours
sincere advise , do not take WREB unless u love to fail. i know people WHO failed by just...... 0.10 points.
GOOD LUCK, THINK TWICE........
Thank u for advice
It\ took bench on nov,07 in usc.
I hope pass it but if not i should next time .
thanks for ur advice , do u think for cal exam we should go to duggan class or what do u think is best.
Thanks again

hi friends,
has anybody received result or typhodont ? i received my typhodont today
good luck to all
bye

Hello Eveyone ..

I got my results today for the Nov 2007 RT Exam and I passed all the three sections with a combined average score of 83.

I am very very happy and all the hard hours of practice and four years of waiting has been well worth it.

Thanks everyone for the support and informtion ... I wish everyone good luck in their results and never give up ..

:)

:thumbup:Hello everyone I just checked my mail(Sunday) and there it was my results.
Thank god I passed and I want to thank everyone for the support and help they gave me specially Sum who not only helped with preps but with my compressor as well.
Now we need to concentrate on the clinical.
Thanks everyone.:)

guys .....i already had my NDBE both part before 2002 ....i live overseas and involved in a residency program ........
if u were me , would u guys : come 2 california and apply for this final year bench exam ???????????!!!!!!!!!! plz help me am very confused , how much time i need 2 stay in california 2 pass this difcult exam, and nearly how much it costs ????? plz. advise me esp. the guys who went through the process

guys .....i already had my NDBE both part before 2002 ....i live overseas and involved in a residency program ........
if u were me , would u guys : come 2 california and apply for this final year bench exam ???????????!!!!!!!!!! plz help me am very confused , how much time i need 2 stay in california 2 pass this difcult exam, and nearly how much it costs ????? plz. advise me esp. the guys who went through the process

Just Monami.
Brfore you get excited or do anything/spend money go to the link below and see the prerequisites/conditions for eligibility to take the RT exam.
http://dbc.ca.gov/applicants/rt_faq.html
goodluck.

guys .....i already had my NDBE both parts before 2002 ....i live overseas and now involved in a residency program ........
if u were me , would u guys : come 2 california and apply for this final year bench exam ???????????!!!!!!!!!! plz help me am very confused , how much time i need 2 stay in california 2 pass this diffcult exam, and nearly how much it costs ????? plz. advise me esp. the guys who went through this process... am fully eligible dear dentologo
plz direct me in terms of taking the risk ????
and if yes how much time and cost it need to prepare for bench exam ???
do i have other options by which i can practice in the U.S ..

Congratulations , Dentologo and Txdentist and also sum .....
guys u appeared to have pulleda huge effort in passing the hard exam , i wonder if u can help me ........i live aboard overseas and i'm eligible for the bench exam , the thing is i need people from inside like u guys , to tell me nearly :
how much time and cost i need ? if i was very devoted hard worker what r my chances ?
can i prepare a bit overseas , if have duggan's videos ?
and most important is it right it is the last year 2008 for the bench ???????

Hi all, I have already taken the Restorative Tech. exam and Lic. exam...

And if anyone needs help on these two pls. let me know also for the Dental School Enterance exam...

this for the bay area....
i wonder if u can help me ........i live aboard overseas and i'm eligible for the bench exam , the thing is i need people from inside like u , to tell me nearly :
how much time and cost i need ? if i was very devoted hard worker what r my chances ?
can i prepare a bit overseas , if have duggan's videos ?
and most important is it right it is the last year 2008 for the bench ???????

Hello everyone.
I hope everyone had a very joyous christmas and will bave a prosperous 2008.
If you guys didnt know on the board's website along with 2008 RT handbook there also is the clinical handbook/guide. Check it out if you havent.
Takecare everyone and happy new year.

hello everyone ....
it appears the assignment are repeated this whole year also , lucky us right ?? good luck for all applicants this year , who is taking courses ??

guys .....i already had my NDBE both parts before 2002 ....i live overseas and now involved in a residency program ........
if u were me , would u guys : come 2 california and apply for this final year bench exam ???????????!!!!!!!!!! plz help me am very confused , how much time i need 2 stay in california 2 pass this diffcult exam, and nearly how much it costs ????? plz. advise me esp. the guys who went through this process... am fully eligible dear dentologo
plz direct me in terms of taking the risk ????
and if yes how much time and cost it need to prepare for bench exam ???
do i have other options by which i can practice in the U.S ..

Hi ,

Let me try to clarify your eligibility for the RT exam ..

If you passed the National Dental board exams I and II before Dec 31, 2003 AND submitted your passing scores to the CA dental board by the July 12, 2004, then you are ELIGIBLE to take the RT exam ..

If you passed your boards before Dec 31, 2003 but DID NOT submit your national baord scores eligibility by July 12, 2004, unfortunately you are NOT eligible to take the RT exam ..

click here for the frequently asked questions:

http://www.dbc.ca.gov/applicants/rt_faq.html

This is the list of eligible candidates:

http://www.dbc.ca.gov/applicants/pub_rtref_nos.pdf

I hope that clarifies your concern ..

my referance # is posted on the dental board website as i sent my scores at 2002 , so i'm eligible guys and my ref. # shows , isn't that enough guys , do i have to further verify ????????

my referance # is posted on the dental board website as i sent my scores at 2002 , so i'm eligible guys and my ref. # shows , isn't that enough guys , do i have to further verify ????????

Its good to know you submitted your scores before the deadline so you are eligible .. All you have to now do is apply for the 2008 RT exams before the exam deadlines ..

As for you other question on training and courses .. I took Dr. Duggans course and highly recommend it .. Granted it expensive but after 4 years of not touching the handpiece, his course helped me a lot and I practised day and night for 2 months ..

his website is www.duggandds.com and their new website is http://dentistceprogram.com/AboutUs.aspx

good luck ...

Hi,

I am willing to teach you some techniques and train you for the Bench Exam which will be held soon! I have passed the exam last year and know quite a bit about it.

If you need help and would like to practice at my location you are welcome to, but will have to pay a small fraction.

I can be reached at my email addr.

[email protected]

take care and good luck!

Hi..
Just wondering if you still give training and where are you located.
Thanks