Bench exam ! part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yasi

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what does that mean?

It means that it is possible to repeat the assignment :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

in clII amalgam should we use GMT and bevel pulpal flour for RT exam or not?
Dr Duggan did not do it in DVDs (old one) as I only saw DVDVs.
please tell me ,should we use GMT or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
yes it is mandatory to put an axiopulpal bevel in cl 2 ...you can either use a GMT or a bur or even hatchets...whichever you are comfortable with.

yes it is mandatory to put an axiopulpal bevel in cl 2 ...you can either use a GMT or a bur or even hatchets...whichever you are comfortable with.

thank you ,and also do you know about the width(mesio-distal) of composite prepps?
and did you get your answer about the width of shoulder for PFM/is it 1.5 mm?

if you have spoken with Dr Duggan,Stevenson ,Thaw or you have any idea about these pease send it
1_ the axial depth for clII amalgam on premolar is 1.5 mm according to the hand book for next week exam or not?with this depth is retentive groove mandaroty?

2-is the mesio-distal width of clIII composite on central and canine is 1-1.2 mm? and do you bevel it?
3-in central for PFM you continue shoulder into middle of contact(almost in middle of interproximal surface) for esthetic reason ?what we should see from facial in proximal (chamfer or shouder) in central?
4-in FGC,should we really have 2 mm clearance on occlusal surface on both functional and non-functonal cusp?it seems like a major error! but what we should do?
please send your answers ,specially if you have spoken with Dr Duggan,Stevenson ,Thaw or ....?
Good luck to all

hi friends,
can anybody guide me on how to use jefferey hatchets #13, #14, #15 ?
this is for class III cavity. i mean which is for right side & left side? we will have all assingemts on only right side.
thanks

15: R (e.g., distal of #8)
13: L (e.g., mesial of #8)

You have to use Jefferey hatchet #13 for #6 mesial class III filling

so what we should do? 2mm clearance for full gold ?????
please ...
and axial depth 1.5 mm for amalgam clII?
what we should do?

please ...
what we should do?
has any one asked from board,Dr Stevenson or Duggan?please answer:confused:

please ...
what we should do?

Axial wall depth of 1.5 is mm too much for a premolar, and even a molar. You will fail CL II if you do this.

The board might be referring to the axial wall HEIGHT of 1.5 mm in your manual.

Ivorinedust

"Apolonia, relieve my toothache!"

Axial wall depth of 1.5 is mm too much for a premolar, and even a molar. You will fail CL II if you do this.

The board might be referring to the axial wall HEIGHT of 1.5 mm in your manual.

Ivorinedust

"Apolonia, relieve my toothache!"

thank you ivorindust,but it is in the handbook for RT exam on California Denta Board ...

Members don't see this ad :)
please post your idea about the measurment in the RT handbook!!!!

and also those who took mock board this week by Dr Duggan ,please post his Ideas and what did he say about these?cearance for ful gold? axial depth for molar and premolar?

please post your idea about the measurment in the RT handbook!!!!

and also those who took mock board this week by Dr Duggan ,please post his Ideas and what did he say about these?cearance for ful gold? axial depth for molar and premolar?

hi,
has anybody tried calling the board to discuss these measurements with them?
Thanks!

I haven't received any booklet or manual yet,but I know some of us received it,as I am not at my home now,
please tell me is it same as the handbook which is online on Dental Board?(hand book for RT 2007 with 27 pages):confused: :confused:

I checked with Dr. Duggan and he recommends the measurements he taught in the class. I guess its finally upto us as to what we want to follow but some of the specs in the handbook don't make much sense to us and hopefully won't make sense to the examiners either.

good luck.

so what's everyone is thinking.If we go according to what we r taught they can fail us because of not following the criteria.but if we go according to board atleast we can appeal if they fail.i know measurements r not making any sense.please tell what everyone is thinking of doing.please reply.if board can send handbook to every candidate who is taking this exam I am sure examiners will have the hand book to.

I checked with Dr. Duggan and he recommends the measurements he taught in the class. I guess its finally upto us as to what we want to follow but some of the specs in the handbook don't make much sense to us and hopefully won't make sense to the examiners either.

good luck.

thank you and good luck

good luck.

thanks,
what measurements r u going to follow

dear friends,
do we have to seal bottom of typodont with wax & plaster ?
pl. advise me. if yes i need to arrange plaster
thanks a lot,
good luck

this is the first time I take the exam and I don't know anything about it,so after they approved equilbration ,should we seal the screws?

I personally am more comfortable using the measurements that I learnt from Dr. Duggan since they are more acceptable.

this is the first time I take the exam and I don't know anything about it,so after they approved equilbration ,should we seal the screws?

hi all,
regd the sealing for all those who are confused... since we mount the typodont on the manikin's we don't need to seal the typodont's but if you get a false sense of security that with sealing the teth won't move then you can seal them.. they don't really care... atleast in the last nov exam they didn't say anything about sealing and some of us had sealed and some had not...

the important part is: u need to have signature of 2 examiners on your exam sheet that they have approved it (the typo) the first one see's it and then tells you to mount it and then the second one signs after it has been mounted... so important thing to remember is once its mounted on the manikin and the second examiner has signed ur sheet please do not remove it under any circumstances... so mount only when u are ready...that is after u have done whatever pencil markings etc u wanted to do... removing the typodnt after it has been mounted can lead to failure of the exam... they are extremely strict about it... at the end after you have finished even then do not remove it to wash it etc... if you finish early they come and remove it for u.. and when u finish on time they will ask u to step away... reason i am stressing on this point is coz during the last nov exam one candidate removed the typodont and that candidate was asked to leave the exam room.. i don't know what happened after.

in composite prep cIII,we use hatchet#15 for all incisal ,gingival and facial wall(for distal prep of central),am I correct?(I'm asking this because I bought them recently)so what about #14?

are retentive grooves madatory for amalgam cl II (MO premoar) or not?and if yes ,do you do this with hand instruments or HP?

hey everyone,

how did the exam go ?? how was it ? i hope we all pass by the grace of god. i am very tensed . i dont want to go through it another time. good luck to everyone.

Hey guys,
Best of Luck. How did the exam go? Did they assign the teeth in the handbook? How about the handpiece issue? Anything special about the exam?

Hey guys,
Best of Luck. How did the exam go? Did they assign the teeth in the handbook? How about the handpiece issue? Anything special about the exam?

thanks for your good wishes. and yes , they did assign the same preps as in the handbook.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN WE GET THE RESULTS FOR THE RECENT RT EXAM??????????:confused:

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN WE GET THE RESULTS FOR THE RECENT RT EXAM??????????:confused:

The Board knows:)

We have to wait three more weeks. It would be nice to spend that tym chillin' out or possibly looking for patients for the clinical exam?

The Board knows:)

We have to wait three more weeks. It would be nice to spend that tym chillin' out or possibly looking for patients for the clinical exam?

i'm very anxious about the result. having nightmares. 3 weeks seems like a long long time.

Got my score today. I can't believe the examiners gave me failing on Class 3! I was sooo sure it will pull up my grades because I was so confident with it. I thought everything was better than last year when I got 80 on class III. Cavity prep was perfect as I saw it. Filling was okay. Even if I failed either prep or fill, I was sure to pass this part. Then this! 63!!! Can you believe that? Tell me somewhing went wrong with the computation, please.!!!

I was thinking either the prep or filling was omitted in the computation of my grade. Did this happen before?

I passed cl 2 and cast. I failed overall. Someone tell me I was given the wrong score. I am so pissed off today. Sorry just had to vent. Next exam is in August.

What to do? Please no mean remarks.

hey, sorry to hear this, but go ahead & get the critique, & if u r so confident abt ur prep then make an appeal to the board, heard many passed this coz of an appeal. no harm in trying. i know how this feels, i`m sorry!!!!!

I am so happy .got 90 in amalgam(that was surprise),85 in compositeand 73 in cast.average of 83.thanks every one for help.
Can any one tell what is next step .do i have to send green for in some time limit

After 4 years finally I made it?? I got my results today and pass.
Thanx Jesus.
Congratulation to all who pass
For those who didn´t make it keep traying I know that today some of you are so dissapinted but is not the end, believe me I know how bad it feels, I´ve been there several times. Don´t stop practicing, keep focus on your gols, practice the amalgam cus it stands by it self (100%), don´t underestimate the composite, every body keep telling you it is so easy but you need to work on it, you most try to have a good grade on this part an 80 or above.

I am so happy .got 90 in amalgam(that was surprise),85 in compositeand 73 in cast.average of 83.thanks every one for help.
Can any one tell what is next step .do i have to send green for in some time limit

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND TO ALL THOSE WHO PASSED THE EXAM. THE NEXT STEP OF COURSE IS TO PREPARE FOR THE CLINICAL EXAM. I'M TAKING THE WREB MYSELF NEXT WEEK HERE IN THE EAST COAST AND I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU CONSIDER TAKING THE WREB AS IT IS KNOWN TO BE A FRIENDLY TESTING AGENCY. THERE IS A REVIEW COURSE THAT I TOOK IN FLORIDA FOR THE WREB A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO THAT IS A LOT, LOT CHEAPER THAN ANY REVIEW COURSE BEING OFFERED IN CALIFORNIA EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO FLY TO FLORIDA PLUS HOTEL. VERY GOOD COURSE AND IS BEING RUN BY DENTISTS WHO KNOW A LOT ABOUT WREB, IN FACT ONE OF THEM IS A WREB COORDINATOR AT NYU

hey everyone,

i passed ! its not sinking in yet .but yes. i thank god for that. he has been very kind to me.

after long hours and many years of wait and hard work and sacrifice. There was a lot at stake.

thanks all of you who had been giving valuable tips. i pray that everyone passes. and for those who didnt make it this time, dont give up . just keep going and dont lose hope.

Hi,

I also got 65 in composite which I was expecting more than 80 (becasue I was so confident). I did the prep very well and was failed this time (got 65 in Amalgam and 80 in Cast). Can you suggest me how to go for the Critique and re-appealing.

Thanks.

dont worry but dont leave hope.try again if i can do this exam you can definately do it.i know how it feels butkeep u r spirit high and start working on ur weak parts.do lots of cl 2.figure out what u did wrong and try to fix it and think how u can correct your mistake.What i did is i talked to some dentist in my area and use to show him my work every other day.
About critique:- write to dbc a request to send u the critique.u need to write your ID number name and site where u took your exam and fax them .they will send u in week.
I dont know about appeal .
good luck

... ADS ...

Thanks Can u guide me.I am not thinking of taking exam till end of this year do i have to send the application now or i can send it later.What about that letter from dbc that i am eligible for wreb do i have to send it this time or i can request it when i want to take the exam.
Other thing is what about waiting list.if waiting list is for march is it for march or they will consider it for next exam too.or one has to apply for each exam separately every time.
for march exam when did they let u know that u r selected for exam.
What material did u studied for theory exam.
thanks AND GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR EXAM .TELL ME HOW WAS IT WHEN U WILL BE DONE WITH IT

Thanks Can u guide me.I am not thinking of taking exam till end of this year do i have to send the application now or i can send it later.What about that letter from dbc that i am eligible for wreb do i have to send it this time or i can request it when i want to take the exam.
Other thing is what about waiting list.if waiting list is for march is it for march or they will consider it for next exam too.or one has to apply for each exam separately every time.
for march exam when did they let u know that u r selected for exam.
What material did u studied for theory exam.
thanks AND GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR EXAM .TELL ME HOW WAS IT WHEN U WILL BE DONE WITH IT

First thing you have to do if taking WREB is to go to their website and match an exam date and location that will fit to your schedule. The best way to get the letter from DBC is by sending your request thru e-mail to the DBC, at least the DBC is good in fulfilling this. For the endo part of the WREB, start collecting extracted teeth from any source. Get upper central or lateral for the monorooted and upper first bicuspid with 2 roots well separated for the multi rooted. Call your dentist friends from your home country to save every teeth. The written part of the WREB is based on the basic principles of PROSTHO and PERIO.

By God's grace, my wife passed the exam. I am so happy for her. Her hard work and patience have finally paid off. She had 74.3 in her 2nd attempt and just needed 1 point to pass the exam at USC.

I wish you all success if you have not yet received your results. For those who did not make it this time, Please do not loose hope. Believe in yourself, go back to practice, concentrate on your weak areas and pray to God. I am sure success is not far away.

3rd attempt
UOP - 2nd day
Amalgam - 75
Composite - 93
Cast - 78

Average: 82

!! Om Gan Ganapateya Namaha !!

congratulation to all who passed the exam .
I was wondering if every one had received their result or not.
I have received my typodent but still haven't received my result!!!!

Hi everybody , I was looking for the Part 4 California state board forum and notice that there is only one page , can someone direct me to the forum so that we can keep up and discuss the part 4 cal board . thanks and congratulation to all who have passed this Feb RT and dont lose hope for those who did not make it .