This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

outofdaloop

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! just had a quick question for you all! I was wondering if anyone on here has gained admission to Texas PT school (ex: UTSW, Texas State, Texas Tech) with below minimum GRE scores? I haven't taken my GRE yet, but would like some, somewhat good news if I don't get the scores l need. Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools will not review your app if you do not have the minimum scores. Remember the GRE minimum scores are the 50th percentile. Think positive! You have the ability to score in the 50th percentile if you study. This is completely in your control. It's way easier than many of the final exams you had to take in college under the pressure of needing an A on the exam. With the GRE your just trying to be average.

I know that you won't get into utsw with below minimum scores. Just relax and study. Try to take it so you leave a little time before you actually apply to retake it if necessary. Go to the ets website and take the 2 practice exams. They're the closest to what the actual test will look like.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not every school has minimum GRE scores requirements. I'm applying to TWU, Texas State, Angelo State, UNT and UTMB so I will only speak for those schools.
Out of those 5 schools, 3 have minimum GRE scores UTMB, Texas State and Angelo State.
TWU does not (average score of accepted student is 155V 155Q I think) and UNT does not even require the GRE :)

Not every school has minimum GRE scores requirements. I'm applying to TWU, Texas State, Angelo State, UNT and UTMB so I will only speak for those schools.
Out of those 5 schools, 3 have minimum GRE scores UTMB, Texas State and Angelo State.
TWU does not (average score of accepted student is 155V 155Q I think) and UNT does not even require the GRE :)
I was an alternate at TWU before I accepted a spot at UTMB. We were told that the scores you should be aiming for on the gre are 155Q, 155V, and 4.5 on the writing. Just giving you an idea of what you need to get.