Belmont U SOP Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BelmontUSOP2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Belmont U SOP Class of 2012, this is your space.

Use it.
Meet each other.
Make plans.
Get excited about the start of the program in late August.

I'll sit in on the conversation for a while, and will try to answer/get answers to questions that you may have.

Welcome to Belmont and the School of Pharmacy community. You're gonna love it here.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont University School of Pharmacy

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I will be the 1st student who writes on this!!! I hope everyone who got accepted will go on this forum so we can get to know eachother since we will be spending most of our days together for 4 years.
I am super excited about the upcoming fall 2008!!!!

P.S. Hi Dr. Hobson :D

Dr. Hobson
Any letters we should be looking out for regarding scholarships and financial aid?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to say, I made a facebook group for Belmont's inaugural pharmacy class if anyone wants to join! And hi Dr. Hobson, thanks for making a thread. :)

Anyone have any suggestions for apartments or where I can live for the next 4 years?

Funny you should ask about scholarships. We've just completed working up the requirements for a set of competitive awards that recognize service and leadership. I believe that Dean Johnston will be sending out notice in his end-of-the week email. Also, the details will be up on the SOP website by the start of next week.

Other awards for academic merit will be announced in May, following the selection of the entire C`2012

Eric Hobson
Assoc. Dean
BUSOP

Apartment hunting is a bit of a challenge; however, contact Belmont Central (the site for all answers about Belmont) and ask what office maintains a list of recommended properties. There's someone in BU Student Services that has such a list, and it would be a good time of year (right now) to start looking into that list as current BU students are looking to graduate.

Dr. H

I'm in. I guess we'll get to know each other pretty well in the next 4 years.

So where are you guys from?

I also have received admittance. The office of admissions received my deposit, but I have not received any other correspondance from the school. What else should we be receiving or sending in?
Also, are there any on campus opportunnities for housing? Either way, I would love to room with another pharmacy student. Any, please contact me.

I called Belmont's Residence Life office and the dorms are only for undergraduates. They did recommend the apartments across the street - Sterling Court Apartments, but I still have to contact them and see how much it costs.

I just found out today that I was accepted!!! Anyone found any apartments close? I would like to atleast like to room in the same complex as a few of the other students, also we get to park under the building that we have classes in so living a few miles away wouldnt be a bad thing.

I mentioned last week (I thnk) that there would be some scholarship news forthcoming. It's now official.

In case you've not noticed, there are 5 competitive $4,000 scholarships (1k/yr X 4yrs) available to reward excellence in leadership and service. Award specifics are now posted on the SOP website under the admissions area.

Application deadline is May 15. Award notification May 30.

Dr. H

Members don't see this ad :)
I found today I was accepted also. Farmer 83 looks like we will be classmates afer all. In regards to housing, I have a friend that lives in the Nashville area. I stayed with him during my interview. I was told the Bellevue area, which is in West Nashville as many apartment options. It is also in a nice part of town. I like the apartments I saw. It also can take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes to get to Belmont from that area. I hope this helps.

Thanks. I'm beginning to seriously consider that area since it is considerably cheaper than Sterling Court's 1-bedroom (the price ranges from $850-1200/month).

I use to live in Bellevue. It is a nice place, but unfortunately its pretty far from a lot of things like big shopping centers and malls.

Brentwood/Franklin area is nice with a lot of conveniences close by. It will probably cost a little more (prob not that much more), but for the area and conveniences, it may be a better option. Have you guys looked at this area?

I currently live in Knoxville now, but will be moving back to Nashville next month. If anybody wants to come to Nashville this summer to check out areas, let me know. I can show you around and to see what you would like.

CO 2012:

Wanted you all to know about the exciting event going on today-Friday: we have the ACPE site team on campus...just arrived...to conduct the required review of our program and plans. These 3 days will be intense; however, we're ready and thrilled at the chance to brag about all that we've accomplished. This includes finding you as members of our first class.

Keep us in your thoughts.

Dr. H

hey!! i am also looking for a roommate...please if anyone needs a roommate (preferably another pharmacy student) please let me know ASAP!!! i am not from the tennessee area but i plan to go there sometime in may to look for apartments!!

Hey everyone!! I'm sure most of you guys have facebook, so if you do please join the group
"Belmont University SOP Class of 2012"

so that we can all get to know each other before classes begin!! CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!!!! =)

CO 2021:

On Friday the members of the ACPE site reveiw team walked Dean Johnston and I though an exit session in which they told us of their findings after 3 days of reviewing the program and its development.

The result was affirming: the team was exceedingly complimentary and offered us few suggestions for improvement.

We're ready for you. Are you ready for us?

Dr. H

I'm glad to hear that things went well. I believe we all knew they would. I know that I am 100% ready.

I noticed an "Apartment for Rent" sign up at the Sterling Court complex 1 block south of campus on Belmont Ave. Close, and a Belmont U long-standing student complex.

Office phone: 615.297.3687

Might be worth a phone call.

Dr.H

On my drive in this morning, I noticed a new apt. for rent sign 5 blocks south of campus on Belmont Blvd. Studio apt. Phone: 615.300.6859 (cell) or 615.353-0121.

Might be worth a call.

Dr. H