Being more efficient

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoveWillSaveTheDay

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would you like to see your techs do more of? Less of? It would also help if you stated what type of setting you currently work in.

For example: with flu season coming up, would it help if techs entering in scripts asked patients their history of flu/prevnar/pneumovax/zoster? Or do you think that would add extra stress to your already heavy work load? Do you think CPhTs should order drugs or should they just stick to making sure inventory is up-to-date.

I searched and didn't see if this was ever asked before. Just curious. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Setting: LTC

I wish my techs would spend more time filling labels and less time on their phones or chatting.

In terms of workflow, I wish my boss(es) would value the pharmacist's time more. We designate so many activities as "pharmacist only" when in fact many of them are tasks that techs could do. For example, when we are out of stock it is the pharmacists that have to call our homes and inform them. What?! Any tech could easily do that! Same for clarifying allergies and interactions, it is against my companies policy to take a clarification verbally, we must get the nurse to send it to us in writing. Well, a tech can ask for a faxed clarification as well as I can. Or my personal favorite, faxing requests for control scripts.

Reactions: 3 users
What would you like to see your techs do more of? Less of? It would also help if you stated what type of setting you currently work in.

For example: with flu season coming up, would it help if techs entering in scripts asked patients their history of flu/prevnar/pneumovax/zoster? Or do you think that would add extra stress to your already heavy work load? Do you think CPhTs should order drugs or should they just stick to making sure inventory is up-to-date.

I searched and didn't see if this was ever asked before. Just curious. Thanks.

I promise I will return when I have something constructive to say about techs.

Reactions: 1 user
Hands active at all times at drop-off. No typing, no productivity. Nothing to type, then fold

Reactions: 1 user