Beijing University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jerryjr36

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking about applying to Beijing University school of medicine. I just want to know whether the course is conducted solely in Chinese, or 50-50 (Chi-Eng)etc.
I'm a native speaker of Mandarin and can read and write. However, I probably will have trouble understanding the more difficult and technical terms. So if anyone who is studying at Beijing, or knows something about it. It will be great help for me.

Thanks.

Happy New Year to all!

Peace.

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

i was in beijing for study abroad last year and i lived on som campus. as far as i know the classes are conducted in chinese. props to you for being able to speak and write. i've been studying for two years and i love the language, but i sound as illiterate in china as i look (they thought i was a country bumpkin).

herrf said:
hi,

i was in beijing for study abroad last year and i lived on som campus. as far as i know the classes are conducted in chinese. props to you for being able to speak and write. i've been studying for two years and i love the language, but i sound as illiterate in china as i look (they thought i was a country bumpkin).

Thanks for the advice. heh. By the way, did u sit the HSK? if so, was there any question that requires to write? (coz i've heard that for the basics level, the paper was all multichoice). I'm familiar with Chinese Traditional, but not so much with Simplified. :(

Also, may I ask whether the textbooks are in english or chinese?

Thanks alot

P.S which course are u studying? Medicine?

Members don't see this ad :)
jerryjr36 said:
Thanks for the advice. heh. By the way, did u sit the HSK? if so, was there any question that requires to write? (coz i've heard that for the basics level, the paper was all multichoice). I'm familiar with Chinese Traditional, but not so much with Simplified. :(

Also, may I ask whether the textbooks are in english or chinese?

Thanks alot

P.S which course are u studying? Medicine?

I'm currently in Beijing Medical University (2nd year student, its a 5 year program). The textbooks are all in chinese (well medical terms are given in english too BUT ONLY the medical terms, for example 光合作用 - photosynthesis). If you can read and write chinese traditional, then you are fine. Simplifed chinese is easy to learn (i dind't know how to write chinese AT ALL when i went there but i can read traditonal chiense) and you can alway write in traditonal chinese. If you are going to practice in like US or something i recommand you not to come here because you'll have to learn the english terms, etc on your own (like me). The tests usually compose of (1) MC (2) fill-in the blank (which i think is stupid) (3) definition (4) long answers.

btw are you tawianese? (since you know how to write in traditional chinese)

If you have anymore questions about it you can ask me ;)

Wow! isn't Beida like damn hard to get into?

tkdwhiz1188 said:
Wow! isn't Beida like damn hard to get into?

Well, from what i know, if you are overseas chinese, taiwanese, hong kong or macau resident ....it will be easier than mainland chinese. it will be easier for foreigners too...provided they understand mandarin. having said that...one will still need very good result to get into beijing university....so in the end...it is still tough to get in.

As far as I know,you can apply for Peking Union Medical College it;s another good and small size med school. And the textbooks and tests for the first 2 years (anatomy, histology, etc) are all in English.

jerryjr36 said:
Hi all,

I'm thinking about applying to Beijing University school of medicine. I just want to know whether the course is conducted solely in Chinese, or 50-50 (Chi-Eng)etc.
I'm a native speaker of Mandarin and can read and write. However, I probably will have trouble understanding the more difficult and technical terms. So if anyone who is studying at Beijing, or knows something about it. It will be great help for me.

Thanks.

Happy New Year to all!

Peace.

Pungone said:
I'm currently in Beijing Medical University (2nd year student, its a 5 year program). The textbooks are all in chinese (well medical terms are given in english too BUT ONLY the medical terms, for example 光合作用 - photosynthesis). If you can read and write chinese traditional, then you are fine. Simplifed chinese is easy to learn (i dind't know how to write chinese AT ALL when i went there but i can read traditonal chiense) and you can alway write in traditonal chinese. If you are going to practice in like US or something i recommand you not to come here because you'll have to learn the english terms, etc on your own (like me). The tests usually compose of (1) MC (2) fill-in the blank (which i think is stupid) (3) definition (4) long answers.

btw are you tawianese? (since you know how to write in traditional chinese)

If you have anymore questions about it you can ask me ;)

Hey,

Thanks for your advice. It was really helpful.
Yeah I'm taiwanese but i'm living in New Zealand and am a citizen over there. I would like to practise in any english speaking country but given the circumstances, it's going to be tough. So where are you planning to practise? China? or are you also considering in practising in US?

By the way, I wonder whether it will be enough to just learn the medical terms since most of my education was conduacted in english? e.g. communication, writing essays aren't a problem for me (or both of us). But it's definitely a PLUS if I can be familiar with both Chinese and English terms.

What was your GPA when you applied for Beijing? Thanks

P.S. am sending my application tomorrow.

Jerry

jerryjr36 said:
Hey,

Thanks for your advice. It was really helpful.
Yeah I'm taiwanese but i'm living in New Zealand and am a citizen over there. I would like to practise in any english speaking country but given the circumstances, it's going to be tough. So where are you planning to practise? China? or are you also considering in practising in US?

By the way, I wonder whether it will be enough to just learn the medical terms since most of my education was conduacted in english? e.g. communication, writing essays aren't a problem for me (or both of us). But it's definitely a PLUS if I can be familiar with both Chinese and English terms.

What was your GPA when you applied for Beijing? Thanks

P.S. am sending my application tomorrow.

Jerry

I'm planning to practice in the US (so I suggest you should study english the english part on your own too if you want to practice in english speaking countires) but I'm probably going to get the licence in China first. To tell you the truth, the courses really aren't that hard because the school is more "lenient" towards the international students.

Yes, it's much easier for foriegners to get in compare to the mainland chinese people, so don't worry that much about getting in.
My GPA was like A's when I applied for Beijing Medical University
:cool: I'm Taiwanese too from NY

Pungone said:
I'm planning to practice in the US (so I suggest you should study english the english part on your own too if you want to practice in english speaking countires) but I'm probably going to get the licence in China first. To tell you the truth, the courses really aren't that hard because the school is more "lenient" towards the international students.

Yes, it's much easier for foriegners to get in compare to the mainland chinese people, so don't worry that much about getting in.
My GPA was like A's when I applied for Beijing Medical University
:cool: I'm Taiwanese too from NY

Hey,

I see. So how are you coping with the "english" part of your study? like do you have to get english text books? and how do you study the english part?

Anyway, can I get a clearer picture about the life over there? By the way, do you live in school dorm? I heard that foreign students have their own dorm?

What do you think of the medical education over there in Beijing medical university?

Thanks again. :)

Jerry

jerryjr36 said:
Hey,

I see. So how are you coping with the "english" part of your study? like do you have to get english text books? and how do you study the english part?

Anyway, can I get a clearer picture about the life over there? By the way, do you live in school dorm? I heard that foreign students have their own dorm?

What do you think of the medical education over there in Beijing medical university?

Thanks again. :)

Jerry

For the english part of my study, I'll search this forum, ask other people or simply just search internet for the "best" book on certian topics. For example biochem, one of my friends recommanded me Lipponcott Illustrated Review (which i see some other people use this book also on this forum). I usually study the english part first then chinese unless I dont have an english book on that subject.

Yeah, I'm living at the school dorm now but will be moving to apartments near the hospital that I'm going to. (It is a 5-year program, 2.5 years in the school and 2.5 years in the hospital) Yes, you get your own single room in the dorm. However the dorm is considered to be "expensive" because you only get a small room for about like 2100rmb a month while you can get an apartment here for about the same price but much bigger. The worst part of the dorm is that the hot water for the shower is not on 24/7, it only runs from 7am-10pm.

Personally I really don't like beijing (like the environment) mainly because the the people here. The mainland chinese people are really rude and all you hear outside the street is the honking sound of cars. I'm guessing like 95% of the population (not the students of course) here smokes. It's really not comfortable with people smoking EVERYWHERE, buildings, restaurants, bathroom, elevators, you name it. The air here is REALLY bad. The things that I hated the most are no such thing as a line, people cut everywhere, spitting everywhere, they don't shower, attitude problems, etc. I'm not saying this to degrade them, it is the truth. Of course, there are exceptions but most people are like that. Well, if you can cope with this then you'll be fine. Hahah, the best part I like about beijing is the food here, it's REALLY REALLY CHEAP. Well everything is cheap here. However, the foods here are really salty and oily so you'll have to find ones that aren't as salty and oily. lol The cheaper the food is the oily and salty it is, the more expensive the food is the less oily and salty it is.

As for the education here, it is really not that hard. I don't like the way they teach things. It's more like memorizing the stuff than really know how to use the facts. It's hard to get a really good grade here because you have to memorize the stuff so perfectly in order to do the fill in the blank corretly or other types of questions. The teachers correct your paper based on some "keywords" you have to write NOT what you explained correctly. It's very "死" in chinese terms. And god I hate some of the teachers because of their attitude problems. The best subject here I think is anatomy because there are alot of people here so a lot of body parts you can look at heheh.

Well good luck and I'll see you here if you come.

btw alot of taiwanese here :laugh:

Pungone said:
For the english part of my study, I'll search this forum, ask other people or simply just search internet for the "best" book on certian topics. For example biochem, one of my friends recommanded me Lipponcott Illustrated Review (which i see some other people use this book also on this forum). I usually study the english part first then chinese unless I dont have an english book on that subject.

Yeah, I'm living at the school dorm now but will be moving to apartments near the hospital that I'm going to. (It is a 5-year program, 2.5 years in the school and 2.5 years in the hospital) Yes, you get your own single room in the dorm. However the dorm is considered to be "expensive" because you only get a small room for about like 2100rmb a month while you can get an apartment here for about the same price but much bigger. The worst part of the dorm is that the hot water for the shower is not on 24/7, it only runs from 7am-10pm.

Personally I really don't like beijing (like the environment) mainly because the the people here. The mainland chinese people are really rude and all you hear outside the street is the honking sound of cars. I'm guessing like 95% of the population (not the students of course) here smokes. It's really not comfortable with people smoking EVERYWHERE, buildings, restaurants, bathroom, elevators, you name it. The air here is REALLY bad. The things that I hated the most are no such thing as a line, people cut everywhere, spitting everywhere, they don't shower, attitude problems, etc. I'm not saying this to degrade them, it is the truth. Of course, there are exceptions but most people are like that. Well, if you can cope with this then you'll be fine. Hahah, the best part I like about beijing is the food here, it's REALLY REALLY CHEAP. Well everything is cheap here. However, the foods here are really salty and oily so you'll have to find ones that aren't as salty and oily. lol The cheaper the food is the oily and salty it is, the more expensive the food is the less oily and salty it is.

As for the education here, it is really not that hard. I don't like the way they teach things. It's more like memorizing the stuff than really know how to use the facts. It's hard to get a really good grade here because you have to memorize the stuff so perfectly in order to do the fill in the blank corretly or other types of questions. The teachers correct your paper based on some "keywords" you have to write NOT what you explained correctly. It's very "死" in chinese terms. And god I hate some of the teachers because of their attitude problems. The best subject here I think is anatomy because there are alot of people here so a lot of body parts you can look at heheh.

So why have you been in China for medical education?I think it is reasonable for you to learn Chinese traditional medcine,but not west medicine.As I know, it is difficult for Chinese doctor to get licensed to be a pratitioner in US.
And, I am so sorry for you to feel that bad to live in Beijing.

Pungone said:

I see that you have alot to say about Beijing as a city. hehe. As a matter of fact, I didnt expect a positive feedback about the life in Beijing.
I have one thing that I need to ask you. hehe. Do us internationals attend the lectures with the locals? Also, I've heard that foreign students have their own dorm? is that true?

Thanks...again. You have been very helpful. If all goes well, I'll see you in Beijing around mid year. heheh

Jerry

Members don't see this ad :)
jerryjr36 said:
I see that you have alot to say about Beijing as a city. hehe. As a matter of fact, I didnt expect a positive feedback about the life in Beijing.
I have one thing that I need to ask you. hehe. Do us internationals attend the lectures with the locals? Also, I've heard that foreign students have their own dorm? is that true?

Thanks...again. You have been very helpful. If all goes well, I'll see you in Beijing around mid year. heheh

Jerry

It's the truth, not alot of positive things that I can say about it except that everything is really cheap here. You'll know what I'm talking about if you come here. Yes international students attend the lectures with the locals. And foreign students have their own dorm (which costs like 7 times more than the local's dorms but you get your own room)

btw alot of people get diarrhea (because they aren't used to the really oily and salty foods) the first week they get here so be prepared for it haha :laugh:

Pungone said:
It's the truth, not alot of positive things that I can say about it except that everything is really cheap here. You'll know what I'm talking about if you come here. Yes international students attend the lectures with the locals. And foreign students have their own dorm (which costs like 7 times more than the local's dorms but you get your own room)

btw alot of people get diarrhea (because they aren't used to the really oily and salty foods) the first week they get here so be prepared for it haha :laugh:

LOL, I'll certainly watch out for that. heheh :laugh:

By the way, you mentioned about moving out of school dorm (get an apartment outside). Does the school help you on that? or do you have to look for it by yourself?

AND, do you recommend living in school dorm first then move outside or just get an apartment outside straight up?

Thanks

Jerry

jerryjr36 said:
LOL, I'll certainly watch out for that. heheh :laugh:

By the way, you mentioned about moving out of school dorm (get an apartment outside). Does the school help you on that? or do you have to look for it by yourself?

AND, do you recommend living in school dorm first then move outside or just get an apartment outside straight up?

Thanks

Jerry

Nope, school does not require you to move out, it is your choice. You can either stay at the school dorm or move out to an apartment. Well, I recommand living in school dorm first because (1) you are not 100% sure yet which hospital you will be going to and (2) a lot of people will end up not coming to class because it's a hassle to come everyday. BUT it's your choice.

jerryjr36 said:
Hi all,

Thanks.

Happy New Year to all!

Peace.
Hi Jerry,
I think erery city or country has her difference from others. I must admit that Beijing and China's education is not perfect like the developed country. However ,she has her characteristics. I think you will gain what you want, if you have heart. Anyway, wish you luck!
And Pungone:
Less complaint will make you feel better. Just find someting positive,I believe there will be.

Oliver.fan said:
So why have you been in China for medical education?I think it is reasonable for you to learn Chinese traditional medcine,but not west medicine.As I know, it is difficult for Chinese doctor to get licensed to be a pratitioner in US.
And, I am so sorry for you to feel that bad to live in Beijing.

Well, the reason why I came to China for medical education is because my parents thought that it would a great opportunity for me to learn more about chinese and get the medical license. Since China is a developing county, it might have a great "market" for the doctors in the near future so getting a license here now is a plus. Yes, it is difficult for chinese doctors to get a license in US but only due to the fact that everything is chinese however it is possible. Everything is possible, it just whether if you want to put the work into it or not. ;)

Oliver.fan said:
And Pungone:
Less complaint will make you feel better. Just find someting positive,I believe there will be.

You got me wrong. I wasn't complainting about anything. I was just telling Jerry how the life and environment are like in beijing from a foreigner's view, since he asked. Thank you for telling me to stay positive!

i dun think anyone can grudge Pungone abt complaining. Beijing's pollution problem is tragic...

Pungone said:
Well, the reason why I came to China for medical education is because my parents thought that it would a great opportunity for me to learn more about chinese and get the medical license. Since China is a developing county, it might have a great "market" for the doctors in the near future so getting a license here now is a plus. Yes, it is difficult for chinese doctors to get a license in US but only due to the fact that everything is chinese however it is possible. Everything is possible, it just whether if you want to put the work into it or not. ;)

Hey,

I dunno whether the following is true and I have not tried to verify it, but would like more people to testify:

1. I have heard that the number of Chinese doctors (e.g. received medical education in China) practising in the States has been increasing over the years. It is probably bcoz China, in the last decade or so, had "opened up" to the rest of the world.

2. A medical graduate from Beijing University is highly credited by schools around the world due to the high credibility of Beijing univerisity. It makes the idea of getting the medical licence in US (or studying postgrad programs such as master's degree) much easier and more feasible.

But I suppose the English barrier will be the major obstacle in obtaining a licence in the States. But since we have had most of our education in English speaking countries, the language isnt a problem. But the fact that we have to study the "English" version of what is being taught in Beijing will certainly be pretty tough.

But as Pungone said, nothing is impossible. Just study hard and who knows what might happen... :)

Jerry

Hi,
I forgive me, because i dont know how to call your guys name.
I was a Beijing Medical University Forth Year student.

The coming June, i will start my clinical rotating.

So, I had read through all the above conversation. So, allowed me to disturb for a while.

Study in Beijing Medical University, which already under the Pekking University, and changed the name to "Pekking University, Medical Department".

And then in my class also got student from NewZealand. Got 2 girls i think.

As my experience that long. If you can apply for the english educated Medical college which at the other coutries, then you beter go there to study. Unless you wish to study the western medicine and the chinese traditional medicine together, then you can come to China to study.

jerryjr36 said:
Hey,

I dunno whether the following is true and I have not tried to verify it, but would like more people to testify:

1. I have heard that the number of Chinese doctors (e.g. received medical education in China) practising in the States has been increasing over the years. It is probably bcoz China, in the last decade or so, had "opened up" to the rest of the world.

2. A medical graduate from Beijing University is highly credited by schools around the world due to the high credibility of Beijing univerisity. It makes the idea of getting the medical licence in US (or studying postgrad programs such as master's degree) much easier and more feasible.

But I suppose the English barrier will be the major obstacle in obtaining a licence in the States. But since we have had most of our education in English speaking countries, the language isnt a problem. But the fact that we have to study the "English" version of what is being taught in Beijing will certainly be pretty tough.

But as Pungone said, nothing is impossible. Just study hard and who knows what might happen... :)

Jerry

dear jerry, about the 2 things you said about, both are correct, but the first one was not influnce the international student. The second one, I heard one of my lecturer who now at US , she said that some of the US Medical University just recognise the Bachelor from the Beijing Medical University, but the first thing is you need to pass the USMLE.

Study hard is sure, if you can study at the english environment, then will beter, because at here, you just can learn it yourself. People here all speak in Chinese, the time you use english was on internet or talk with the foreign student.

But the lecturers over here quiet good and nice. You really can learn very much. one more thing was the patients over here really a lot. So, compare with others, you got the chance to meet more different patients with diferent problems.

So, if you want to know more about that, i can introduce my friend to you, who also come from New Zealand, she will tell you more before you come to China study.

You can email me or PM me.

Hopes i got help you answer your question.

Hi bros,

I was browsing thru the internet and saw your sequo of messeges, I have a few cents here from my personal experience:

1. there are quite a few English speaking medical education programs in mainland China, e.g. China Medical university, which is in ShenYang, has a English class, everything is taught in English, except few politic course, which is not required for international students. I am a graduate from this program, Classes can be tough for international students, but in general it is fine, I have a few classmate who are now teachers for this special cohort.

2. it is doable for a Foreign Educated Medical Graduate (FEMG) to take USMLE and apply for residency in US, and as you guys speculated, the main barrier is language problems, but I honestly think it would not be a problem for you guys. However, the common topics in clinical courses can be a little different from here in US, for example, the infectious diseases is a big thing in China, and I remember Hepatitis was a 2 month (~40 hrs) topic in internal medicine, while here Cadiovascular and neuroscience disease is the biggest thing. These are due to the different epidemiology compositions between the developed and developing countries, but as I said before, you get at least 75% of the topics that would be covered in US med schools. Psychiatry is another topic that does not get its deserved share in Chinese corr.

3. I do not agree with the point that someone made earlier about the advantage of getting a lisence in China, if you have a lisence in US, and can speak enough Chinese to make simple conversations with your chinese patients, you can probably find a sponsor here in US to open a clinic in big cities in China, or work as a partner in some international run hospitals. Everything boils down to whether you like to live in a country like China or not. Whether you can blend in the culture, socials, etc.

4. I personally would recommend you to try enroll in a US med school and get some electives in China, that probably woudl be the easist way to get the good ends of both sides, unless it is not fessible.

Good luck to all of you.

Hey,

great opinions! thanks alot!

Just curious, are u practising medicine in the states? (e.g. are u doing ur residency or fellowship etc)

lakercc said:
Hi bros,

I was browsing thru the internet and saw your sequo of messeges, I have a few cents here from my personal experience:

1. there are quite a few English speaking medical education programs in mainland China, e.g. China Medical university, which is in ShenYang, has a English class, everything is taught in English, except few politic course, which is not required for international students. I am a graduate from this program, Classes can be tough for international students, but in general it is fine, I have a few classmate who are now teachers for this special cohort.

2. it is doable for a Foreign Educated Medical Graduate (FEMG) to take USMLE and apply for residency in US, and as you guys speculated, the main barrier is language problems, but I honestly think it would not be a problem for you guys. However, the common topics in clinical courses can be a little different from here in US, for example, the infectious diseases is a big thing in China, and I remember Hepatitis was a 2 month (~40 hrs) topic in internal medicine, while here Cadiovascular and neuroscience disease is the biggest thing. These are due to the different epidemiology compositions between the developed and developing countries, but as I said before, you get at least 75% of the topics that would be covered in US med schools. Psychiatry is another topic that does not get its deserved share in Chinese corr.

3. I do not agree with the point that someone made earlier about the advantage of getting a lisence in China, if you have a lisence in US, and can speak enough Chinese to make simple conversations with your chinese patients, you can probably find a sponsor here in US to open a clinic in big cities in China, or work as a partner in some international run hospitals. Everything boils down to whether you like to live in a country like China or not. Whether you can blend in the culture, socials, etc.

4. I personally would recommend you to try enroll in a US med school and get some electives in China, that probably woudl be the easist way to get the good ends of both sides, unless it is not fessible.

Good luck to all of you.

Hi all,

I just sort of randomly entered this China/Asia forum when I saw that the thread is about Beijing University. I know this uni is one of the top schools in China and has been ranked as No.4 internationally for biomedicine by the Times Higher Education Supplement based in the UK. I firmly believe that says quite a lot about the school's excellent international reputation in the field of biomedicine, whether or not you agree with the methodologies used in generating the ranking. I also know that it's extremely (yes, extremely) difficult for the local Chinese students to get in to this uni even if it's not for medicine, but far easier for international students to get in. (Yeah, it's pretty unfair for the locals.) My friend knows of someone from Otago (NZ) with mediocore marks who was accepted into BU for med. In the end, you'll be studying with some very bright local students who represent the cream of the crop in China.

Cheers

I am in a graduate biostatistics program at NC State, and I have several classmates from Beijing University. There is one guy and one girl from Beijing University and they studied medicine. There is a girl who studied dentistry in their medical center. They are all very top students and some of my best friends.

In fact there are several other alumni in my grad program from the math and statistics departments from PKU.

Many of my statistics faculty did their undergraduates in mathematics there.

All I can say is that each of these students is very excellent, and I think that the school is as good if not better than Harvard University.

Hey guys,

Haven't been on SDN for a while. Been busy :(
Anyway, I just wanna share the news about my application to Beijing. I just called them and the lady told me that I'm in. :D They'll be sending out the admission letter before the end of May. lol. I'm pretty happy at the moment. But I'm only going to celebrate when I lay my eyes on the envelope. :scared: lol

Just wanna thank everyone for answering my questions. :) and for those ppl who are in Beijing, hope to see u all in August/Sept. hehe

Cheers

Jerry

All I can say is that each of these students is very excellent, and I think that the school is as good if not better than Harvard University.[/QUOTE]

Wow! :eek:

Jerryjr,

You are going to attend a great, great school! Congratulations!

I think it may be hard to practice outside of China. But in China, Peking University is one of the most revered schools. Many alumni in the mathematics department are now my professors in the statistics department where I am attending, along with other students. That school has a global alumni network and for sure is one of the top 20 schools in the world.

Terrific choice! Did you do undergrad in the U.S., by the way?

One note: The classes ARE conducted in Mandarin, and I have two friends in my grad stat program who went there. So I hope that you are indeed fluent!

cdpiano27 said:
Jerryjr,

You are going to attend a great, great school! Congratulations!

I think it may be hard to practice outside of China. But in China, Peking University is one of the most revered schools. Many alumni in the mathematics department are now my professors in the statistics department where I am attending, along with other students. That school has a global alumni network and for sure is one of the top 20 schools in the world.

Terrific choice! Did you do undergrad in the U.S., by the way?

One note: The classes ARE conducted in Mandarin, and I have two friends in my grad stat program who went there. So I hope that you are indeed fluent!

Hey, Thanks alot! :D

I'm actually studying at Auckland University, New Zealand (2nd year). I want to practice in the States or come back to NZ after graduation. I'm confident that English won't be a language in terms of practising in a English-speaking country.

Anyway, am really excited about it! :D it's gonna be tough to compete with China's best. But it actually motivates me to study harder. lol

By the way, where are you studying cdpiano27?

I shall keep yous updated!

Cheers

Jerry

I am in the PhD program in statistics at North Carolina State in Raleigh and I am concentrating on biostatistics.

Here the student composition is:

30-40% from China, 40-50% from U.S., 10-20% from other countries (Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, India, etc).

Hence, I have many friends from mainland China.

Also, my previous major was music (classical piano) so I used to go to a few int'l competitions and meet students from the secondary school of the Central Conservatory in Beijing. In fact I competed in the second int'l tchaikovsky COmpetition for young musicians in Sendai, Japan and Lang Lang was winner!!!

You will get a SUPERB education in Beijing! No boubt!

cdpiano27 said:
I am in the PhD program in statistics at North Carolina State in Raleigh and I am concentrating on biostatistics.

Here the student composition is:

30-40% from China, 40-50% from U.S., 10-20% from other countries (Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, India, etc).

Hence, I have many friends from mainland China.

Also, my previous major was music (classical piano) so I used to go to a few int'l competitions and meet students from the secondary school of the Central Conservatory in Beijing. In fact I competed in the second int'l tchaikovsky COmpetition for young musicians in Sendai, Japan and Lang Lang was winner!!!

You will get a SUPERB education in Beijing! No boubt!

Randomly, I think Lang Lang sucks! :D Yundi Li is far better. :thumbup: Horowitz, Rubinstein, Michelangeli, Argerich are immortal! :thumbup: :thumbup: and don't leave out Fou Ts'ong.

Also, you forgot one of the most famous Chinese classical pianists today, YIN Cheng-Zong, the first major chinese winner of the Tchaikovsky Competition in 1962 (tied for second with Susan Starr).

He transcribed the famous Yellow River cantata about the Chinese uprising against the Japanese during World War II for piano and orchestra.

I AM CURRENTLY A THIRD YEAR STUDENT IN HENAN MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, EVERYTHING IS IN ENGLISH,YAA ITS TRUE SOME PROFESSORS ENGLISH IS NOT VERY FLUENT, ANY INFORMATION ABOUT MEDICINE IN CHINA [email protected]

its nice to hear you are in beida,can you mail me my id [email protected], i need to clear some doubt abt beida, i am in china too doing clinical medicine

its nice to hear you are in beida,can you mail me my id [email protected], i need to clear some doubt abt beida, i am in china too doing clinical medicine

sumings said:

Hey, I've emailed you and have heard no reply since. I'm assuming that ur busy? or you havent received my email?

Cheers

Jerry :)

Is it at all true that PKU will launch and English language medical curriculum for the 2008-2009 school year? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.