"behavioral science"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasTriathlete

HTFU
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a good way to learn this bull****? I'm talking specifically about the stats stuff. Any good sources of practice questions?

The funny thing is... I've done a pretty good amount of clinical research, and this is pretty recent. In fact, I'm still involved in the project, albeit, on a much more limited basis, for obvious reasons. I can read a paper and understand the general idea of what the statistics mean, but I guess my grasp is not that strong after all, because these questions bend me over and defile me on usmle world.

Is high yield the answer? I have heard good things, but there's something about missing questions that can hammer a point home in a way that just reading about it cannot.

Then again, I miss tons of these questions, and don't seem to be getting much better.

Members don't see this ad.

Just nail it in from first aid memorize what you do when, the high yield stuff is the most important for biostats, then do a bunch of questions to make sure you know what formulas to use when and how to do them.

Members don't see this ad :)
BRS was decent, along with the Kaplan videos.

Behavioural is big on the step these days.

The kaplan guy does a really good job with behav in general, esp with biostats and ethics.