BDS taking DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Denevistas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I m an internationally trained dentist, and am taking the canadian DAT. Anyone in the same boat and embarking on doing the 4 years to DDS here can get in touch to compare notes.

I am unsure if any people here know if the universities accept the BDS for their academic requirements or not?? Please do comment!!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I never heard of that. As an international dentist you can study 2 years on a international program in Canada if you could not pass the equivalency exams. I thought you need Assessment of Fundamental Knowledge Exam and not DAT.
Anyway, if you want to go to a 4 year program, then you need to find out if they will count you previous, BDS, subjects toward the prerequisites. They may say that they are too old or not enough hours. The only way is to ask admission office

Thanks for responding. Most schools say that the gap is long and id have to do refresher courses....need inputs on the path to follow ahead...

Maybe I should try American advanced placement programs