BCSE 2017 - Retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ForeignVET79

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just basically wanted to blow out some steam over here with others that might be on the same situation as me. I have taken the BCSE exam 3 times now. My last attempt was April 6, 2017 and I failed it again. I really cannot understand the mechanism of this test as my score went up but it says that I am bellow average on the subjects. I have graduated in Brazil in 2014 and I have been working in a different area since then (lack of jobs in my area) and as my mom is a US citizen I would like to come to the US and live near her.

So here is what I have done:

On my first attempt, I did the test without any preparation and scored 460 points. I wanted to see how I was doing. That was in 2015.

On my second attempt I studied with Zuku and I got 450 points in total. I must say that I did not do the test questions, only the study ones. Although my points were lower they said that I was at or above average in three sections of the exam. That was in 2015 also.

My third attempt was last week and today I got the results: 480 points and I studied with VETPREP for almost one year (did all the study mode) plus compiled and study my notes and more than 500 flash cards, I have one notebook for each species where I did a massive review and wrote everything that came up and I did not know about it, and at the end, on the exam, it said that I am below average on all but one section.

I really cannot understand it. I am lost when it comes to study/revise for this exam as I see other people trying it for the first time and passing it without any problems, so I wonder if the issue was my education (or lack of) or just no luck to get the easy questions. English is not a problem for me as I lived in England for 10 years previously in my life and even got a First Class Honors Degree at a university there before doing my vet degree. The exam does change, questions are different each time, just a couple I can recall that I have seen it before.

Is anyone out there having the same issue? People who have used vetprep and zuku have you done 100% both study modes and test mode? Honestly...

Any feedback would really be appreciated. If there is a study group out there who is willing to have me I would like to join. I am planning on sitting the exam again in 4 months when I am allowed again as I will be here in the US visiting my mother again and I would like to change my strategy as what I have done so far seems not to have helped.

I do not know if I shall sign up for vetprep or zuku again as I am short on money and I have to think of my air fare as well. I liked both courses. They are both good.

Good luck for anyone sitting the exam soon (I really do hope you pass on your first attempt because it is something less to worry about) and feel free to comment.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Same!!! I took the BCSE exam last year but couldn't manage to score well. My score was 470 , I studied with Zuku, Merck, Mosby's, pasquini guide, but still something going wrong in the exam. I thought I did well but I surprised with the result. Exam format and questions are totally different .

Reactions: 1 users
I am planing to retake the exam this year again but I should change my study strategies , Zuku and vet prep both are good but not enough. I need more concentration on Basic science and Diagnosis ( X-Ray - Ultra sound - pathology ) ,Anesthesia ( general ,epidural anesthesia ,nerve block) Animal welfare ( example question from last exam Q/what is the unquestionable method to euthanize poultry? ) you got one or tow question in animal welfare if the answer not correct you will not pass ( below the average).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I just basically wanted to blow out some steam over here with others that might be on the same situation as me. I have taken the BCSE exam 3 times now. My last attempt was April 6, 2017 and I failed it again. I really cannot understand the mechanism of this test as my score went up but it says that I am bellow average on the subjects. I have graduated in Brazil in 2014 and I have been working in a different area since then (lack of jobs in my area) and as my mom is a US citizen I would like to come to the US and live near her.

So here is what I have done:

On my first attempt, I did the test without any preparation and scored 460 points. I wanted to see how I was doing. That was in 2015.

On my second attempt I studied with Zuku and I got 450 points in total. I must say that I did not do the test questions, only the study ones. Although my points were lower they said that I was at or above average in three sections of the exam. That was in 2015 also.

My third attempt was last week and today I got the results: 480 points and I studied with VETPREP for almost one year (did all the study mode) plus compiled and study my notes and more than 500 flash cards, I have one notebook for each species where I did a massive review and wrote everything that came up and I did not know about it, and at the end, on the exam, it said that I am below average on all but one section.

I really cannot understand it. I am lost when it comes to study/revise for this exam as I see other people trying it for the first time and passing it without any problems, so I wonder if the issue was my education (or lack of) or just no luck to get the easy questions. English is not a problem for me as I lived in England for 10 years previously in my life and even got a First Class Honors Degree at a university there before doing my vet degree. The exam does change, questions are different each time, just a couple I can recall that I have seen it before.

Is anyone out there having the same issue? People who have used vetprep and zuku have you done 100% both study modes and test mode? Honestly...

Any feedback would really be appreciated. If there is a study group out there who is willing to have me I would like to join. I am planning on sitting the exam again in 4 months when I am allowed again as I will be here in the US visiting my mother again and I would like to change my strategy as what I have done so far seems not to have helped.

I do not know if I shall sign up for vetprep or zuku again as I am short on money and I have to think of my air fare as well. I liked both courses. They are both good.

Good luck for anyone sitting the exam soon (I really do hope you pass on your first attempt because it is something less to worry about) and feel free to comment.
Thanks!
Hi, Indian vet here, gave my 2nd attempt on 1st may, 2017 and waiting for results. are you planning to sit the exam again?

Hi folks! I live in upstate NY and planning to take BCSE in the near future. Would be awesome to find someone in the area for a study group. Even a e-mail group would be motivating i think. [email protected]

Hi folks! I live in upstate NY and planning to take BCSE in the near future. Would be awesome to find someone in the area for a study group. Even a e-mail group would be motivating i think. [email protected]
Hi there,

I plan to take BCSE some time at the end of this year, 2017, my ultimate goal is to get pathology license in years of future. BTW, I am from Portland, Oregon. Email study group works for me!---Pdx

I passed it in 2016 from the first time
I used zuku for the BCSE and vet prep for the NAVLE, I think vet prep is an over kill for the BCSE its more suitable for the NAVLE
I finished all study questions and 70% of test questions I studied the questions for each category at least 2 to 3 times
Zuku or vet prep alone is defiently not enough
I studied alot I used zuku questions to understand the important topics in every category and started studing and creating my own material mainly from merck vet
When I had the exam I was sure of 50% of questions, those were the questions that I was dead sure about, the rest I used my logic and anayltical abilties which is a big deal to pass both exams and I think that is your problem, when you see a question that you dont know just don't panic and don't choose randomly they put these questions for a reason to test your analytical skills also dont forget that there are 25 prestest questions and usually most of these questions are pretty hard and thats why they are pretest so they measure if they are too hard to be used so don't get frustrated when you fail to figure out many questions I remember when I took the BCSE the first 10 or 15 questions were like reading chiness, I had no idea what they were talking about then it got better
Don't give up and keep trying and study like your life depends on it

Reactions: 6 users
I used zuku for the BCSE and vet prep for the NAVLE, I think vet prep is an over kill for the BCSE its more suitable for the NAVLE
I finished all study questions and 70% of test questions I studied the questions for each category at least 2 to 3 times
I studied alot I used zuku questions to understand the important topics in every category and started studing and creating my own material mainly from merck vet
When I had the exam I was sure of 50% of questions, those were the questions that I was dead sure about, the rest I used my logic and anayltical abilties which is a big deal to pass both exams and I think that is your problem, when you see a question that you dont know just don't panic and don't choose randomly they put these questions for a reason to test your analytical skills also dont forget that there are 25 prestest questions and usually most of these questions are pretty hard and thats why they are pretest so they measure if they are too hard to be used so don't get frustrated when you fail to figure out many questions I remember when I took the BCSE the first 10 or 15 questions were like reading chiness, I had no idea what they were talking about then it got better
You are awesome! thanks a lot for the sharing and information. ---Pdx

I would stick with Zuku and not Vetprep for BCSE. Also dig out your class notes from first and second yr of vet school.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Hi everyone,

Let me share my experience, I passed BCSE at May 2016. I failed on my first sitting at Mar 2016, my score is 550 at that time, I didn't study Merck or other notes, I only stick on Zuku review, I had done all the questions before I took my first test, but I failed. But after that, I know how the test goes and what should I study for, so before my second test, I read all the Zuku notes, and review all the questions again. And I passed this time!! So my opinion would be stick on Zuku for BCSE, don't do Vetperp, Vetperp is for NAVLE. The way they ask questions at BCSE is way different than NAVLE. So I won't recommend using Vetprep for preparing BCSE.

And for NAVLE, I won't recommend Zuku, the NAVLE review questions from Zuku is almost the same as their BCSE review. I used Zuku NAVLE review to prepare for my NAVLE at Nov 2016, and I failed. Then I try Vetprep before my second NAVLE test at Apr 2017, I had only done about 30% of the questions, and I passed this time. But I also read all the power notes from Vetprep and watch almost all the power lectures. They are really useful!! So if you are preparing for NAVLE now, I would definitely recommend Vetprep. And make sure you read all the notes first, because they will be your fundamental knowledge to pass the NAVLE! Although the Zuku review questions is not that useful for NAVLE, but the Zuku notes are still useful, so if you have time, try to review them as well. Don't try to memorize the questions, try to realize them, because you won't get the same questions on your test, so when you are doing the practice questions, try to get use to the way they ask the questions, so even you are not sure about the answer, you can still pick the right answer! Hopefully this will help someone who is preparing for BCSE and NAVLE.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone,

Im a recent veterinary graduate from India. Im enrolled in the ECFVG program and currently living in the states.
I gave my first attempt for the BCSE in December 2016 and failed with a score of 530. During that time I had only 1-2 months to study and I had opted for ZukuReview, I finished all the questions and study mode tests. I remember I was sitting at home all day and studying for 6-8 hours a day, cramming information into my head. This I believe was my main downfall. From what Ive learned, you have to set up a reasonable timetable and study a few hours a day. And thats how I started practicing for my next attempt at the exam.

I also decided that only relying on Zuku was not a good Idea and this time I invested in 1-2 more books like McCurnins Clincial textbook for Veterinary Technicians (I believe this book helped me the most) and Textbook of Veterinary Physiology. So in March I began preparing for my next attempt. I decided to stick with Zuku because they renewed my subscriptions for another 3 months for free and I also hit the books this time. I wrote down all my missed questions and revised them as often as I could. I recently gabe the BCSE exam on June 30th, and I found out that I passed.

Reactions: 2 users
BTW, I forgot to mention that I am now a veterinary assistant working at a small animal clinic in southern CA, so I can't spend 6-8 hours a day for studying, I only have about 2 hours to study everyday. That's why I stick on Zuku review for BCSE, because they already highlight the most important parts for you to study. Of course, if you have time, you can read some textbooks, that would be really helpful in the future for the CPE and your practice in the real world.

Hi everyone,

Let me share my experience, I passed BCSE at May 2016. I failed on my first sitting at Mar 2016, my score is 550 at that time, I didn't study Merck or other notes, I only stick on Zuku review, I had done all the questions before I took my first test, but I failed. But after that, I know how the test goes and what should I study for, so before my second test, I read all the Zuku notes, and review all the questions again. And I passed this time!! So my opinion would be stick on Zuku for BCSE, don't do Vetperp, Vetperp is for NAVLE. The way they ask questions at BCSE is way different than NAVLE. So I won't recommend using Vetprep for preparing BCSE.

And for NAVLE, I won't recommend Zuku, the NAVLE review questions from Zuku is almost the same as their BCSE review. I used Zuku NAVLE review to prepare for my NAVLE at Nov 2016, and I failed. Then I try Vetprep before my second NAVLE test at Apr 2017, I had only done about 30% of the questions, and I passed this time. But I also read all the power notes from Vetprep and watch almost all the power lectures. They are really useful!! So if you are preparing for NAVLE now, I would definitely recommend Vetprep. And make sure you read all the notes first, because they will be your fundamental knowledge to pass the NAVLE! Although the Zuku review questions is not that useful for NAVLE, but the Zuku notes are still useful, so if you have time, try to review them as well. Don't try to memorize the questions, try to realize them, because you won't get the same questions on your test, so when you are doing the practice questions, try to get use to the way they ask the questions, so even you are not sure about the answer, you can still pick the right answer! Hopefully this will help someone who is preparing for BCSE and NAVLE.
Thanks for sharing friend. I am preparing using the ZUKU review materials so with your comments i will study smarter.All the best in the next steps and continue sharing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for sharing friend. I am preparing using the ZUKU review materials so with your comments i will study smarter.All the best in the next steps and continue sharing.

Thank you, hopefully my post would help you pass your BCSE and NAVLE! Good Luck to you, too.

Hello.

I was just wondering, do you have to pay every time you retake the BCSE?

do anyone passed bcse and have some months left from the zuku subscription and can share it with me

Hello. Can u provide me study material other than zuku & vet prep. .

Hi Doc,
Congrats, How much are you selling this material for and what does it include?

I passed BCSE on my first attempt, now preparing for NAVLE. I would say, it wasn't an easy exam. Though questions were NOT too deep, some of them were tricky, but don't be thrown up by those kind of questions, remember that there are 25 questions that don't actually count. Be calm and stay positive all throughout the test. No one knows everything.

I used ZUKU review and took me 6 months (every single day) to prepare. I finished all study questions and 90% of the test questions. I'm an average student, or maybe below average when i was in vet school. So, i tried really hard to study and strengthen my weaknesses. I made my own summary notes per subject using different references, and I used ZUKU as my main study guide. I spent 2 months to complete all test questions, 2 months to make printed summary materials, 1 month to review my notes, and a month for the study questions.

When I took the exam, I was really nervous. I expected it to be too deep and too hard. Knowing that I'm a slow reader (can't quickly comprehend), I was afraid that I might not have enough time to answer all the questions. So, my aim was to read and answer all the questions first as quickly as I can and mark those items that I wasn't sure of. I finished answering all questions with a 40-minute remaining time. I used that to reassess and polish all unsure answers. To my surprise, I had marked only 100 items, so I thought that I was sure for more than half of the total number of questions. But when I got home and tried to recall my answers, I was disappointed since I realized that I had given so many wrong answers. At the end, I couldn't say if I pass or not.

I got the result less than two weeks after I took the exam and it all says "PASS". I was really happy at that time as I thought I was going to take it again.

After all, I can say that BCSE is not a so difficult test but definitely not easy, so you need to be CAREFUL. I can say that, allotted time is fair for an average veterinarian but you need to be VIGILANT. I can say that ZUKU alone is enough to pass ("IF" you can say that you really mastered all subjects of it), but same goes with other ZUKU users here, IT DOESN'T COVER EVERYTHING.

My advice to everyone who are going to take the test is to "Keep your mind full of positivity, hold your head up high with CONFIDENCE (this test is not impossible to surpass), at the same time, keep your brain hungry of knowledge and hold your feet down the ground with HUMILITY (this isn't your last test, never stop looking for answers)".

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone,

I just basically wanted to blow out some steam over here with others that might be on the same situation as me. I have taken the BCSE exam 3 times now. My last attempt was April 6, 2017 and I failed it again. I really cannot understand the mechanism of this test as my score went up but it says that I am bellow average on the subjects. I have graduated in Brazil in 2014 and I have been working in a different area since then (lack of jobs in my area) and as my mom is a US citizen I would like to come to the US and live near her...

Hi, was wondering if you ended up retaking the exam since April.

I'm also a graduate from Brazil, how did you feel your classes compared to the studying you had to do to sit in for the exam. Did you feel you had a good understanding or was it there a lot of moments that you felt like you never saw a subject for instance. I went to a private university in Paraná and at times I feel like my education was lacking and now I'm here wasting time (and I say wasting time because I truly can't even put into words how some things were barely touched, or gotten into) so that I can confidently sit for the BSCE soon. It will be the first time I'll be taking it and I truly want to feel confident before even thinking about doing it as I feel it will be a waste of money for me otherwise.

In other words, did you feel you had to play catch up? Anyone else ever feel that way at all at times?

Hi, was wondering if you ended up retaking the exam since April.

I'm also a graduate from Brazil, how did you feel your classes compared to the studying you had to do to sit in for the exam. Did you feel you had a good understanding or was it there a lot of moments that you felt like you never saw a subject for instance. I went to a private university in Paraná and at times I feel like my education was lacking and now I'm here wasting time (and I say wasting time because I truly can't even put into words how some things were barely touched, or gotten into) so that I can confidently sit for the BSCE soon. It will be the first time I'll be taking it and I truly want to feel confident before even thinking about doing it as I feel it will be a waste of money for me otherwise.

In other words, did you feel you had to play catch up? Anyone else ever feel that way at all at times?

Hi, I am also from Brazil and am trying to prepare for the test. I also went to vet school in Parana, so i can relate to most of what you are saying. Would like to contact you somehow, it won’t let me leave my email address...

Hello. I’m a vet graduate from Colombia. I have taken the BCSE twice and have failed. The first time I took it without any preparation and it took me by surprise as it was not an easy test by any means. The second time I took it using zuku, but I only used it for a month, which is NOT enough time to cover all the material or go through the study/ test questions.

First time on the test I saw some simple comparative anatomy questions, but the second time I saw more questions on dentistry. The first time I saw many questions on exotics and location site of injections which I saw none of the second time around.

For me the tough part is that you not only have to know top 20 for species, but you have to be able to identify those diseases by pathology and know your treatments very well.

The test questions are tricky and are presented differently from what you see on zuku, but zuku is a great method to see where you need to emphasize. I would stay away from vetprep for BCSE.

Please give yourself ample time (3-4 months) to fully prepare yourself. I’ve learned that the hard way. I’m really going to dive in deep this time and study every single day for 4 months until I’m allowed to take it again. I would love to form a study group if anyone wants to do so.

We’ve got this guys!

Hello. I’m a vet graduate from Colombia. I have taken the BCSE twice and have failed. The first time I took it without any preparation and it took me by surprise as it was not an easy test by any means. The second time I took it using zuku, but I only used it for a month, which is NOT enough time to cover all the material or go through the study/ test questions.

First time on the test I saw some simple comparative anatomy questions, but the second time I saw more questions on dentistry. The first time I saw many questions on exotics and location site of injections which I saw none of the second time around.

For me the tough part is that you not only have to know top 20 for species, but you have to be able to identify those diseases by pathology and know your treatments very well.

The test questions are tricky and are presented differently from what you see on zuku, but zuku is a great method to see where you need to emphasize. I would stay away from vetprep for BCSE.

Please give yourself ample time (3-4 months) to fully prepare yourself. I’ve learned that the hard way. I’m really going to dive in deep this time and study every single day for 4 months until I’m allowed to take it again. I would love to form a study group if anyone wants to do so.

We’ve got this guys!
Why would you discourage VetPrep? I was considering it so I can sit both BCSE and NAVLE without having to but 2 prep materials.

Hi everyone,

I graduated from Iran and now I am in Toronto, I am going to take BCSE in upcoming April. Would you please provide me the lists of

Hi everyone,

I graduated from Iran and now I am in Toronto, I am going to take BCSE in upcoming April. Would you please provide me the lists of

Hi, I managed to pass the BCSE after all, but my advice really is ZUKU for BCSE (do everything: the study questions and then the test questions and if you can the notes as well). VETPREP is great but it is for a different exam, the NAVLE. ZUKU is also great for the NAVLE and if you have studied for the BCSE with ZUKU you will see the difference in the questions for the NAVLE also. They may "look" the same but the type of questions asked are different for the BCSE and the NAVLE.

I passed BCSE on my first attempt, now preparing for NAVLE. I would say, it wasn't an easy exam. Though questions were NOT too deep, some of them were tricky, but don't be thrown up by those kind of questions, remember that there are 25 questions that don't actually count. Be calm and stay positive all throughout the test. No one knows everything.

I used ZUKU review and took me 6 months (every single day) to prepare. I finished all study questions and 90% of the test questions. I'm an average student, or maybe below average when i was in vet school. So, i tried really hard to study and strengthen my weaknesses. I made my own summary notes per subject using different references, and I used ZUKU as my main study guide. I spent 2 months to complete all test questions, 2 months to make printed summary materials, 1 month to review my notes, and a month for the study questions.

When I took the exam, I was really nervous. I expected it to be too deep and too hard. Knowing that I'm a slow reader (can't quickly comprehend), I was afraid that I might not have enough time to answer all the questions. So, my aim was to read and answer all the questions first as quickly as I can and mark those items that I wasn't sure of. I finished answering all questions with a 40-minute remaining time. I used that to reassess and polish all unsure answers. To my surprise, I had marked only 100 items, so I thought that I was sure for more than half of the total number of questions. But when I got home and tried to recall my answers, I was disappointed since I realized that I had given so many wrong answers. At the end, I couldn't say if I pass or not.

I got the result less than two weeks after I took the exam and it all says "PASS". I was really happy at that time as I thought I was going to take it again.

After all, I can say that BCSE is not a so difficult test but definitely not easy, so you need to be CAREFUL. I can say that, allotted time is fair for an average veterinarian but you need to be VIGILANT. I can say that ZUKU alone is enough to pass ("IF" you can say that you really mastered all subjects of it), but same goes with other ZUKU users here, IT DOESN'T COVER EVERYTHING.

My advice to everyone who are going to take the test is to "Keep your mind full of positivity, hold your head up high with CONFIDENCE (this test is not impossible to surpass), at the same time, keep your brain hungry of knowledge and hold your feet down the ground with HUMILITY (this isn't your last test, never stop looking for answers)".
Do you have any notes you don't mind sending to me I have taken the exam 3 times and still havn't passed

Do you agree to form a study group?

We’ve got this guys!
Hey there, my name is Julie..... I'm a foreign vet student from Colombia, I did my undergrad degree at Rutgers University in New Jersey and now i'm on my 3/5 years of vet school. I have started preparing for the BCSE, but i will not be taking it for another two years... I have material from zuku review, and I'm very accustomed to USA vet ways, as I have worked as a vet tech here.... If any one would like to contact me and start a study group, we can share notes, and study together... +1 551 9988254

Hey there, my name is Julie..... I'm a foreign vet student from Colombia, I did my undergrad degree at Rutgers University in New Jersey and now i'm on my 3/5 years of vet school....
I have started preparing for the BCSE, but i will not be taking it for another two years... but since i'm still taking classes, it would be really helpful to create all my study notes for the BCSE .
can you please give me some tips or advice on what to focus and which books to use? and really how to study for the exams themselves!
We can create a study group on whatsapp, i can share notes and zuku material ! I have also worked as vet tech in New jersey so im pretty familiar with the USA vet system.

thank you so much!
Here is my email : [email protected] and number +1 551 9988254

Hi All,

As a US citizen, I graduated from both human and veterinary medical schools in France in the early 1990s. After returning to the USA, I did an MPH in Epidemiology and worked in public health in the USA. I started studying for the human exams in the ECFMG program, the human equivalent of the ECFVG program. I then first started studying for the BCSE last year. One thing I learned from my professors in the ECFMG online courses is that studying a list of bits of information is useless both for the exam and clinical pratice. The key is to UNDERSTAND a subject enough so that you can figure out the answer to most any question by eliminating the bad choices, narrowing down the choices, and to make the best possible choice. Also, learning a basic fact is key to going to that fact and building on it. For example : The Parasympathetic stimulates digestion and digestive secretions and keeps the basic functions going like heart and respiration. The rest is Sympathetic and is fight and flight. Learn the basic receptors and guess the answer intelligently. For example, to see a threat you need a lot of light so the Sympathetic system dilates the pupils.
Find your weak points and search the internet for videos that teach the subject. I found many. My weak point was anesthesia. I found a course and have taken notes and now I understand. You can find a list of them and see them for free. Go to VMC 768 - OSU MediaSpace. There are many in the list that are the same. Make a list and listen to them.
I live in the San Francisco Bay area in California and have internet access for those who want to exchange ideas.

Early 2019 & 2020 there were new editions of the National Learning Corporation books. There are no explanations for answers but there is a ton of questions and answers.

Educational Commission For Foreign Veterinary Graduates Examination (ECFVG) Part I - Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology (Admission Test Series (ATS)) Paperback – February 1, 2020​

Educational Commission For Foreign Veterinary Graduates Examination (ECFVG) Part II - Pharmacology, Therapeutics, Parasitology, Hygiene (Admission Test Series) Paperback – February 1, 2019​

Educational Commission For Foreign Veterinary Graduates Examination (ECFVG) Part III - Physical Diagnosis, Medicine, Surgery (Admission Test Series (ATS)) Paperback – February 1, 2020​

Educational Commission For Foreign Veterinary Graduates Examination (ECFVG) (1 Vol.) (49) (Admission Test Series (ATS)) Paperback – March 15, 2020​

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, I forgot to mention that I am now a veterinary assistant working at a small animal clinic in southern CA, so I can't spend 6-8 hours a day for studying, I only have about 2 hours to study everyday. That's why I stick on Zuku review for BCSE, because they already highlight the most important parts for you to study. Of course, if you have time, you can read some textbooks, that would be really helpful in the future for the CPE and your practice in the real world.
Hey are you open to studying together? We can help each other
Hi, Are you still studying for the BCSE? I am willing and looking for study group or somebody interested. My name is Eddie from Texas

Hi All,

As a US citizen, I graduated from both human and veterinary medical schools in France in the early 1990s. After returning to the USA, I did an MPH in Epidemiology and worked in public health in the USA. I started studying for the human exams in the ECFMG program, the human equivalent of the ECFVG program. I then first started studying for the BCSE last year. One thing I learned from my professors in the ECFMG online courses is that studying a list of bits of information is useless both for the exam and clinical pratice. The key is to UNDERSTAND a subject enough so that you can figure out the answer to most any question by eliminating the bad choices, narrowing down the choices, and to make the best possible choice. Also, learning a basic fact is key to going to that fact and building on it. For example : The Parasympathetic stimulates digestion and digestive secretions and keeps the basic functions going like heart and respiration. The rest is Sympathetic and is fight and flight. Learn the basic receptors and guess the answer intelligently. For example, to see a threat you need a lot of light so the Sympathetic system dilates the pupils.
Find your weak points and search the internet for videos that teach the subject. I found many. My weak point was anesthesia. I found a course and have taken notes and now I understand. You can find a list of them and see them for free. Go to VMC 768 - OSU MediaSpace. There are many in the list that are the same. Make a list and listen to them.
I live in the San Francisco Bay area in California and have internet access for those who want to exchange ideas.
Hi, Are you still studying for the BCSE? I am willing and looking for study group or somebody interested. My name is Eddie from Texas
Yea I am ✋

Hi Everyone, How are you? Is there any group I can join for bcse exam prep. Can anyone point me in right direction regarding where to start the preparation from. Thankyou

Hey there, my name is Julie..... I'm a foreign vet student from Colombia, I did my undergrad degree at Rutgers University in New Jersey and now i'm on my 3/5 years of vet school....
I have started preparing for the BCSE, but i will not be taking it for another two years... but since i'm still taking classes, it would be really helpful to create all my study notes for the BCSE .
can you please give me some tips or advice on what to focus and which books to use? and really how to study for the exams themselves!
We can create a study group on whatsapp, i can share notes and zuku material ! I have also worked as vet tech in New jersey so im pretty familiar with the USA vet system.

thank you so much!
Here is my email : [email protected] and number +1 551 9988254
Hi Julie, are still studying and preparing for the BCSE?. I just did it I dont think I passed, I was studying for 4 months every day from Zuku, but I spoke to a colegue that passed the test 5 years ago and he told me to keep on zuku and also the top 20 diseases for species. I noticed in the test a few questions about the cranial nerves at least 8-10. If you still studying please include me. I'm from Mexico, I live in Texas.
[email protected] 1+915-449-8797

Lol so true but by god grace I passed somehow. Those who are saying it was easy are the only one who given it during pandemic may be that time they sat an easy paper.