BCSE 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vet.calgary

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello folks!!!

I'm preparing to take the BCSE exam next May!!!

Anybody is studying for the exam???

Cheers,

vet.calgary

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I'm planning to take BCSE exam next August. I'm using (merk manual , guid to bovine clinic, guid to small animal clinic , guid to equine clinic, vet pharmacology and toxocology). Also planing to try Zuku for three months before exam. Still need more focus on Anatomy and surgery.

Vet in Hamilton.On

Hello
I am planning to take BCSE this summer.I am from Toronto.I would like to join a group to study together.Please let me know if anybody is interested.Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys!! I am studying for the BCSE taking it in June. I'm using pasquini (awesome), zuku, merck, Mc curning 7 edition. All of them are great . any information regarding the test will be appreciated.
wish you the best. good luck

Hi there, I am preparing to write BCSE in June. I am just preparing from zukureview. I just finished the prep mode and I will do the test mode on Thursday to see where I am at.

Has anyone here taken the test? Do they ask similar questions???

Hi there, I am preparing to write BCSE in June. I am just preparing from zukureview. I just finished the prep mode and I will do the test mode on Thursday to see where I am at.

hi I have heard the questions are not similar. the zuku review helps you too prepare. I would recommend to you to review info in Mc curnin's and pasquini as well. I am preparing too for the test and doing the test mode too. another super hepful information is the a to z board review. I love it

Reactions: 1 user
hi I have heard the questions are not similar. the zuku review helps you too prepare. I would recommend to you to review info in Mc curnin's and pasquini as well. I am preparing too for the test and doing the test mode too. another super hepful information is the a to z board review. I love it
How long have you been studying for? Do you know how many questions we need to get right in order to be approved?

no I do not why, but it is a kind of mystery. A friend of mine did it like a year ago and she did not get even results. she new that she passed and that's it. I been studying for 4 months. However, I am working at the same time which means that I study whenever I have a chance. No every day, but 3 to 4 days in the week.

Hello everyone, I have to take BCSE to requalify my degree in Canada and would love to join a study group. What do you use to prepare for the exam?

Hello All,
I am also preparing for BCSE and interested in group study. I am planning to take test next march. I am available almost everyday in the afternoon and whole day during the weekend.

Thanks

Hi Saskvet,

I recently took the BCSE using Zuku Review, and passed. They only took 2 weeks to notify me, which was great.
I did 100% of the study-mode questions, and about half of the test-mode questions. Towards the end I was getting an average of 55 or 56/60 on the test-mode tests.

No, the Zuku questions aren't similar to the BCSE questions, but that is not the idea either! What they ARE similar in, is material. As you well know by now, they cover all the major topics, the classical signs associated with diseases, common Dx, basic clinical terminology, etc...

By answering one question right or wrong, Zuku opens up a whole new horizon of topics just in their explanation alone. It is this general knowledge, and your own innate flexibility of being able to apply these concepts to different types of questions and situations, which ultimately will allow you to pass the BCSE or any other board exams.

I depended almost completely on Zuku Review, having not opened a single book. I only searched certain topics on google once in a while. I did this off and on for about 3 months, and managed to pass the BCSE. It is a good program!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, I studied for the BCSE for about 6 months. I did the test twice. the first time, I used for studying zuku review about 80% of the time. Also, I used Paquini( loved it ), Mc curning's, and mosby's. I completed the test mode of zuku and the study mode a month before the test. The day of the test I felt a little bit lost (NOTHING SIMILAR LIKE ZUKU). However, I did actually feel it helped me to recall information I learned 6 years ago when I graduated. The second time, I prepared like I was studied for the NAVLE. This time I passed. My recommendation for everybody is to study for the BCSE as you're preparing for the NAVLE.
Do not give up and if you do not pass always think there is a second chance.
Keep studying and good luck

Greetings,
I am a veterinarian from India. I am residing currently in Hackensack in NJ.
I am preparing for BCSE in 2016. If anybody is interested to study with a Study Partner, please contact me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys,

I am planning to take the BCSE some time in 2016, most probably in September, am living in Maontreal and I am following up your threads carefully.

Kindly, anyone passed the exam share his feedback with us.

Hi Saskvet,

I recently took the BCSE using Zuku Review, and passed. They only took 2 weeks to notify me, which was great.
I did 100% of the study-mode questions, and about half of the test-mode questions. Towards the end I was getting an average of 55 or 56/60 on the test-mode tests.

No, the Zuku questions aren't similar to the BCSE questions, but that is not the idea either! What they ARE similar in, is material. As you well know by now, they cover all the major topics, the classical signs associated with diseases, common Dx, basic clinical terminology, etc...

By answering one question right or wrong, Zuku opens up a whole new horizon of topics just in their explanation alone. It is this general knowledge, and your own innate flexibility of being able to apply these concepts to different types of questions and situations, which ultimately will allow you to pass the BCSE or any other board exams.

I depended almost completely on Zuku Review, having not opened a single book. I only searched certain topics on google once in a while. I did this off and on for about 3 months, and managed to pass the BCSE. It is a good program!

hi Dr NWS, happy for you that you passed the bcse. i just enrolled into the ecfvg program to and i am planning to write the exam in march 2016 by God's grace. so you mean you used basically zuku? wow! what category did you subscribe to, standard or premium? and how long, 45 days, 3 months, or 6 months. i have ordered for some books though, but i also want to use the zuku to give direction to my reading. how many days did you study in week, and how many hours a day? and if you can contact me on [email protected] i will really appreciate it. thanks for sharing your experience and encouraging us.
God bless you.

I am reviewing for BCSE , I am here at DC- VA area, anyone interested to study with me. Will retake the BCSE march 2016.. pls email me at [email protected], thanks

hi shanny, I am studying for BCSE again, plan to retake march 2016.. any study plan ? I would like to create study group for 2016 retaker if you want to join pls emAIL ME AT VETSMED21@YAHOO, THANKS

Guys,

I am planning to write for the bcse in the second semester of 2016, any study partner in Montreal?

I'm from calgary going to take bsce maybe march or february

If anyone could share their list of books, that would be great.
1. Pasquine,bovine,small,anatomy,equine(3 volumes)
2. Mosby's review, 5 books
3. Merck 11th edition
4. Cote clinical advisor,two books
5. Fossum,surgery
6. Ettinger internal medicine
7. NVMS books, dog anatomy,large,small,toxicology,surgery

Guys,

I am planning to write for the bcse in the second semester of 2016, any study partner in Montreal?
I live in Montreal too, I planned to pass exam in 2016 my email is vetofred@gmail. Com

Hi
I'm planning to take BCSE exam next August. I'm using (merk manual , guid to bovine clinic, guid to small animal clinic , guid to equine clinic, vet pharmacology and toxocology). Also planing to try Zuku for three months before exam. Still need more focus on Anatomy and surgery.

Vet in Hamilton.On
Hi, How are you? Are you still going for BCSE? I am planning to take mine in few months. I would be interested in your study group if it's OK. Look forward to hearing from you. I am in Burlington.

Hello
I am planning to take BCSE this summer.I am from Toronto.I would like to join a group to study together.Please let me know if anybody is interested.Thank you
Hi, How are you? Are you still going for BCSE? I am planning to take mine in few months. I would be interested in your study group if it's OK. Look forward to hearing from you. I am from Burlington.

Hello
Hello
Me too from Toronto and preparing for the BCSE.
I was wondering if we create what's up group to study and discuss topics for exams . What you think?
Good luck

hi shanny, I am studying for BCSE again, plan to retake march 2016.. any study plan ? I would like to create study group for 2016 retaker if you want to join pls emAIL ME AT VETSMED21@YAHOO, THANKS
Great idea . Shall we create what's up study group?

Good luck

Hi, How are you? Are you still going for BCSE? I am planning to take mine in few months. I would be interested in your study group if it's OK. Look forward to hearing from you. I am from Burlington.
Hello, I would like to join this group. This is a great idea to discuss the material. My email is [email protected]

Hello
I was wondering if we create what's up group to study and discuss topics for exams . What you think?
Good luck
Hello
Hi, I would like to join group too. I am from Cambridge. [email protected]

hi I'm from calgary I'm planning to take the exam this MAY do you have sample exam?

HI I am planning to take BCSE in early 2017 but I am really confused about stury materials. would you tell me with books are better to study? my email: [email protected]

Hi, I have given the exam yesterday and it was quite tough, rather you can say one cannot take it lightly.
You have to study hard and seriously, as the questions were deep!
I am waiting for the results (fingers crossed!)

Reactions: 1 user
Hello

Hello
Hello
Good luck
\Hi There,

I am preparing for BCSE and belong to Brampton. Planning to give exam in october. Preparing from zukureview, merck manual and other few books. Preparing since long time but could not concentrate alone so looking for group discussion. Is there any whats up group? Please respond to [email protected]. eager to join the group.

Thanks and Regards,
Tanmay

I failed BCSE exam twice scored 440 and 420 each time, I m looking for study partner , I will appear for BCSE exam in October 2016.

\Hi There,

I am preparing for BCSE and belong to Brampton. Planning to give exam in october. Preparing from zukureview, merck manual and other few books. Preparing since long time but could not concentrate alone so looking for group discussion. Is there any whats up group? Please respond to [email protected]. eager to join the group.

Thanks and Regards,
Tanmay
I failed twice in BCSE exam scored 440 and 420 each time, now again preparing for BCSE exam, will write in October 2016. Retake candidates please contact me at d[email protected] for study partner.

Last edited:
Hi, I have given the exam yesterday and it was quite tough, rather you can say one cannot take it lightly.
You have to study hard and seriously, as the questions were deep!
I am waiting for the results (fingers crossed!)
Have u passed exam ? My email id is d[email protected] I failed twice scored 440 and 420 each time. Please contact me for becoming study partner.

Any BCSE failed or retake candidate please contact me at d[email protected] for study partner. I failed twice, scored 440 and 420, I will appear for BCSE exam in coming October 2016. I live in Brampton, Ontario. I belong to India.

Hi

Vet in Hamilton.On
I m BCSE exam retakes, I live in Brampton Ontario, I failed twice 440 and 420 . My email id is [email protected] please contact me for study partner. Thanks

\Hi There,

Thanks and Regards,
Tanmay
I m preparing for BCSE exam, I failed twice, I will appear for BCSE exam in October 2016. Thanks