BCPM 3.23, GPA 3.46. Advice needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sasha323

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN!

I am considering applying this application cycle to medical school. I go to University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign and I am only going to apply to the Illinois schools less Northwestern and U Chicago.

Medical Schools Considered:

1. University of Illinois
  2. Rush
  3. Loyola
  4. Rosalind Franklin
  5. Medical College of Wisconsen Milwaukee
Here are my stats:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
sorry i do not have an answer for you, but i was wondering how you traveled on those medical mission trips. were they run through your school or an agency/organization? if you have a link that'd be great.

i wish you the best of luck on all of your apps.

you can submit AMCAS without the MCAT. One thing i would be worried about is that your downward GPA trend. Not counting community college credits your GPA and science GPA is on the low side. My understanding is that students who get with GPA's in your range have an upward grade trend. One ADCOM i spoke to recently said that a downward grade may indicate that your ability to handle medical school is questionable. The last semester on your AMCAS transcript is going to be below a 3.0 which i assume is gonna turn off some schools. My advice is do well your senior year and you'll be fine. Bring up your science gpa and get a decent MCAT score and you'll be a good candidate.