BCP gpa??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eric275

Prosthodontist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recieved my information packet from AADSAS that includes my submitted information on my application. What's BCP gpa stand for? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

eric275 said:
I recieved my information packet from AADSAS that includes my submitted information on my application. What's BCP gpa stand for? Just curious.
calculation of an average for all biology, chemistry and physics courses

Hey guys,

Does AADSAS just show your BCP GPA and then another GPA for non-BCP courses ? ... is there any other GPA dental schools look at ?

Thanks for any input

Members don't see this ad :)
hey eric, just out of curiosity, when did you submit your aadsas application? I'm just trying to see how long it'll take to get mine....thanks!

AADSAS reports four gpa scores to the dental schools. BCP is the most exclusive, and as stated above, and only includes those courses that fall under the headings of biology, chemistry, and physics. Next, they report a science gpa which incorportates those courses in the BCP gpa as well as others (such as math). They also report a non-science gpa which only averages your academic performance in non-science, liberal arts courses such as english, sociology, etc. Finally, they report a total gpa that takes into account all course work that has been completed. In addition to each of those four gpa's, AADSAS will report two gpas for each - one that includes +/- minus grades (if your school uses that system) and one without. For example, I attended two universities during my undergraduate career and one used the +/- system and the other one did not. Thus, I have two BCP gpa's that vary slightly from one another, and so on. It is my understanding that each dental school regards each gpa differently, though BCP and science are usually more important.

phosphorylation said:
hey eric, just out of curiosity, when did you submit your aadsas application? I'm just trying to see how long it'll take to get mine....thanks!

I submited my appication on May 25th. My number is in the low to mid 200's. I just started recieving secondaries about 2 weeks ago.