Barry University BMS program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prophycup22

Reaction score
Is anyone currently in the program or has finished it recently? I have a few questions.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I recently finished the program. What questions do you have?

1. I know that 12 hours was recommended during the fall. How difficult is the program and would I be able to work part time?

2. Do you really recommend this program, in your honest opinion?

3. What are some cons about the program?

4. What is some advice you would give someone who's starting the program. Or stuff you wish you knew before starting the program?

5. Does Barry have a Dental Society that preps you in interviews or that would provide a committee letter?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
1. I know that 12 hours was recommended during the fall. How difficult is the program and would I be able to work part time?

4. What is some advice you would give someone who's starting the program. Or stuff you wish you knew before starting the program?

5. Does Barry have a Dental Society that preps you in interviews or that would provide a committee letter?

Thank you

The program is difficult but doable. All the professors are extremely fair. Most of us studied every day for at LEAST 4 hours. You would definitely be able to work part-time. I did, and so did a lot of my classmates.

10/10 would recommend. The program is great, the professors are great, and the administration is great. They really make it their mission to get their students into dental school. There is no competition, my classmates and I looked out for one another with lecture notes and recordings.

The program is far away from the main campus. This means that for things like the writing center, library, gym, financial aid, and the registrar's office you have to make that drive. Parking is also a little annoying

Start studying from day one, anatomy is a beast, and it will humble you QUICKLY. read the powerpoints every day. Don't be afraid to go to office hours if you need to. GO TO EVERY OPEN LAB. No grade here is given, you can not talk your way into a 90 if you have an 89. Get an ipad or some sort of laptop, all exams are taken using EXAM soft.

There's no dental society but the administration offers Mock interviews, you just have to make an appointment. There are no committee letters.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much for the reply. What classes did you take your first semester, if you remember? They told me Human physiology and Pathophysiology.

Thank you so much for the reply. What classes did you take your first semester, if you remember? They told me Human physiology and Pathophysiology.
You’re welcome! I started in the spring and took anatomy and health law and ethics. Based on the classes you’re taking it sounds like your starting in the summer