Barry class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bshah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to meet up with fellow class mates for Barry class of 2012 and ofcourse Podiatry. Please join up here and introduce yourself.

My name is Biren and I am from Chicago.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I will be attending barry with you this fall!

where will you be living?

maybe. i got an interview next month. i'm late!

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't know. R you from florida?

I will be attending too! From CA.

nope, I am from texas.
:D

they have dorm and if i get a few room mates, i can also think of renting a house or an apartment.

just gave my 2nd deposit... Im from south fla

how many deposits are there?

i haven't received my letter yet so i don't know that. Thanks for letting me know. BTW i got my acceptance over the phone.

How's everyone doing? I still have to send in my second deposit as well. But I am 95% sure I will be attending in the fall, so I shall see you all there. Univ. of Miami 2008 from South Florida. Hoping to get involved in podiatric sports medicine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm most likely attending .... i need to get out of the cold here in Pennsylvania!

Can any of you future Barry Students please post the email contact of admissions office or the Dean. Whenever I send an email to the ID listed on their website, it just bounces back. Thanks.

Can any of you future Barry Students please post the email contact of admissions office or the Dean. Whenever I send an email to the ID listed on their website, it just bounces back. Thanks.

here is some info about dean. I would just call and talk to Amy.
Marc Weiner J.D.
Assistant Dean of Medical Admissions and Marketing
Division of Medicine
Barry University
[email protected]
(305) 899-3130 Fax (305) 899-4905

Those of you who have submitted their 2nd deposit already..Is there anything else we need to turn in before the year starts?? (medical forms, etc.)

Those of you who have submitted their 2nd deposit already..Is there anything else we need to turn in before the year starts?? (medical forms, etc.)

Did you get a request for the second deposit already? I haven't recieved anything:scared:

i know you guys said there are two deposits but i got my letter last week and it says on $1000 deposit and there is no mention of second deposit. Are there two deposits?

I got accepted in october and they said I needed to submit one $500 by december 5 and the other $500 by Feb 28th. So a total of $1000 by feb 28th.

I got accepted in october and they said I needed to submit one $500 by december 5 and the other $500 by Feb 28th. So a total of $1000 by feb 28th.

I think that makes sense. You got accepted a lot earlier that's why 2 $500 deposits. for me, i just got accepted one week ago so $1000 total deposit. Thanks Scrlet.

No problem..see you in the fall

Hey, How's everyone doing? I have to send in my second deposit, but I can't recall where I put the letter with the address. Does anyone know if it is the same address as what is listed on the main page of the website or is if there is a different one? Thanks! See everyone in the fall.

same address just make it
ATTN: Marc Weiner

I was searching for housing on Barry's website and i saw that they offer private housing including meal plans for $5000/ semester to graduate students. I also found some good listings for apartments and houses around Barry. Not bad at all. I am kinda thinking of staying in the dorms for the first year but who knows, if i find a better deal and someting close to Barry, i may think about apartments or house.

I was searching for housing on Barry's website and i saw that they offer private housing including meal plans for $5000/ semester to graduate students. I also found some good listings for apartments and houses around Barry. Not bad at all. I am kinda thinking of staying in the dorms for the first year but who knows, if i find a better deal and someting close to Barry, i may think about apartments or house.

I am also planning to live on campus for the first year...initially wanted to live off campus since it's cheaper, but I think once you factor in bills, food, commute, parking, etc...it's probably cheaper to live on campus. I am also comming from Cali so I think it's best to get to know the city first.

I am also planning to live on campus for the first year...initially wanted to live off campus since it's cheaper, but I think once you factor in bills, food, commute, parking, etc...it's probably cheaper to live on campus. I am also comming from Cali so I think it's best to get to know the city first.

Barry is not really in the "city" at all (at least I didn't feel it that way). Miami Shores is a run down suburb of miami and from students I talked with, they live off campus like 15-20 minutes away. This may not be the case for everyone but I was told that few students live very close to Barry (unless they are in the dorms, which is a recent living option). Sure, the actual city of miami is an awesome place but this is definitely not it.

okay so maybe the school is not on the beach, but the area is not so bad. its not a slum, ...i heard in the first 2 years most students stay close to campus..so that must mean they are living close to the area.

Barry is not really in the "city" at all (at least I didn't feel it that way). Miami Shores is a run down suburb of miami and from students I talked with, they live off campus like 15-20 minutes away. This may not be the case for everyone but I was told that few students live very close to Barry (unless they are in the dorms, which is a recent living option). Sure, the actual city of miami is an awesome place but this is definitely not it.

I want to get to know Miami first because I have no clue of whats safe or not, since it will be my first time living there. When I went out there for my interview I drove around the area and some of the house were pretty decent. The only negative was the thugs that hung out at the liquor store near by.:scared:

I want to get to know Miami first because I have no clue of whats safe or not, since it will be my first time living there. When I went out there for my interview I drove around the area and some of the house were pretty decent. The only negative was the thugs that hung out at the liquor store near by.:scared:

Hey, I have been going to school at the University of Miami for the last 4 years. For the most part, the city of Miami is pretty safe. Aventura/Miami Shores is a pretty good neighborhood. Miami Beach/South Beach is obviously a great area..expensive, but great. Coral Gables is extremely wealthy and safe. The only really bad areas that I have seen are the areas around the Orange Bowl/Jackson Memorial Hospital and the outter limits of Coconut Grove. Coconut Grove in itself is awesome though. Every Thursday there is about 500 UM students flooding the bars. Even the bad areas though ( I got lost walking to the metro rail after a football game at like 2 am in downtown little haiti..and I am still here..lol) are not all too bad. All in all Miami is a great city with a lot of stuff to keep you occupied when school begins to get to you. Hope this helped.

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on applying to BUSPM in 2009. I am wondering if you all can PM me about what kind of stats ya'll had to get in?

I have a decent GPA (~3.5) but I have a few Fs also. I have a MS too with a high GPA (~3.8). But I am afraid that my Fs in my early college days may make my application weak. Any thoughts on how I can improve my chances? Thanks a lot in advance.

Hey, I have been going to school at the University of Miami for the last 4 years. For the most part, the city of Miami is pretty safe. Aventura/Miami Shores is a pretty good neighborhood. Miami Beach/South Beach is obviously a great area..expensive, but great. Coral Gables is extremely wealthy and safe. The only really bad areas that I have seen are the areas around the Orange Bowl/Jackson Memorial Hospital and the outter limits of Coconut Grove. Coconut Grove in itself is awesome though. Every Thursday there is about 500 UM students flooding the bars. Even the bad areas though ( I got lost walking to the metro rail after a football game at like 2 am in downtown little haiti..and I am still here..lol) are not all too bad. All in all Miami is a great city with a lot of stuff to keep you occupied when school begins to get to you. Hope this helped.

This is very helpful...thank you!

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning on applying to BUSPM in 2009. I am wondering if you all can PM me about what kind of stats ya'll had to get in?

I have a decent GPA (~3.5) but I have a few Fs also. I have a MS too with a high GPA (~3.8). But I am afraid that my Fs in my early college days may make my application weak. Any thoughts on how I can improve my chances? Thanks a lot in advance.

What did you get on the MCAT?

Havent taken it yet, will do so soon though. What kind of score do you think is good enough for Barry? Thanks

Havent taken it yet, will do so soon though. What kind of score do you think is good enough for Barry? Thanks

Is Barry the only school your looking at???

I would aim for a 20+

you have an awesome chance of getting in for sure. Barry is probably the easiest school to get accepted to anyway. If the crappy grades are in fact from early college days, then you should be fine. Good luck.

for the people who have been accepted to Barry, do you mind saying what your gpa, bcpm gpa, and mcat score was?

for the people who have been accepted to Barry, do you mind saying what your gpa, bcpm gpa, and mcat score was?

sorry...had my stats posted..decided to pm you instead

Well, I PMed you michk

Whats up you guys? I also will be attending Barry Univ this fall. I was wondering what ideas you guys have about housing. Any good online sites to look for apartments fairly close to campus? Thanks

is barry's catholic affiliation very evident on campus?

hey all, i will also be joining the class of 2012. does anyone know if a facebook group has been started for our class? i tried searching but found nothing for us. I'd be happy to start one if there isn't one.

Those that have submitted the $1000 deposit to barry...Have you done anything else yet? Because I am just waiting for them to contact me with more information. I just want to make sure that's the consensus

Those that have submitted the $1000 deposit to barry...Have you done anything else yet? Because I am just waiting for them to contact me with more information. I just want to make sure that's the consensus

I called them today, The only thing you need to do is apply for housing and financial aid. We will get our orientation packet around june or july. I guess the only other thing you need to do is make sure that ur application and all other documents are submitted properly. And finally, u need to relax...:hardy:

I called them today, The only thing you need to do is apply for housing and financial aid. We will get our orientation packet around june or july. I guess the only other thing you need to do is make sure that ur application and all other documents are submitted properly. And finally, u need to relax...:hardy:

june or july??

That is late. I might be moving around at that time. :mad:

So does anyone know how or when we can apply for on-campus housing? I shot over an email to housing but they never replied. Also, did anyone receive notification on whether or not they received your second deposit. I sent mine in on Feb 21. but Amy hasn't returned any of my messages. Thanks!

So does anyone know how or when we can apply for on-campus housing? I shot over an email to housing but they never replied. Also, did anyone receive notification on whether or not they received your second deposit. I sent mine in on Feb 21. but Amy hasn't returned any of my messages. Thanks!

I sent a message to housing a few months back and haven't herd anything either. I sent in my second deposit on the 24th and haven't recieved confirmation yet.

That is weird, Ive been communicating with Amy thru email a lot latey. She usually repsonds the next day.
Try calling?

Also, I received notification about the deposit a week later.

hey all, i will also be joining the class of 2012. does anyone know if a facebook group has been started for our class? i tried searching but found nothing for us. I'd be happy to start one if there isn't one.

Well no one said anything so I created a new facebook group for us that u can search for called "Barry Podiatry class of 2012"