Barry Biomedical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedman

Future dentist, I hope
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was jsut curious, how competitive would it be to get admitted into this program. I have a 3.34 graduate gpa, but my undergraduaet is only around a 2.7.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on your MCAT, as I believe thats a requirement. I think you should be fine though. Barry is a private school and isnt that into the SMP game--places like Georgetown and BU have to ensure that a large percentage of kids get into US allopathic schools to be successful, but Barry sends a lot of kids to foreign, DO, PhD and other programs, so I don't think they would be as dissuaded by your gpa.

However, I would probably look at BU and Georgetown before considering Barry if you ultimate goal is a US allopathic admission. Georgetown will be hard to impossible with your gpa, but I think you have a very good shot at getting into BU--they dont even require MCAT scores.

Good luck.

I actually want to go on to dental school. I realize my name is confusinty (premedman). i just have been using it for years, more out of habit then anything else. So, you think BU may be better for a person like me to get into dental school? The thought of completing a program and still not getting into dental school scares me